Has Dana or Reebok commented on Jon leaving rehab?

HGH4LIFE

Green Belt
Reaction score
I couldn't find any response from anyone on Jones leaving rehab after 1 day, has anyone important commented on this yet?

He went to rehab as an outpatient. He can check out quickly.

The inpatient thing is long ��

Yeah, Dana said something along the lines of:

"This kid is unbelievable. He is part of the new breed of addicts. He beat his addiction in 1 day instead of 28. I'm so fucking proud of this guy for leaving rehab so early."

rehab is voluntary anyway, unless court ordered. he can check out at any time.

He said it was great that he tested for coke.
I am sure he is thrilled that he did not stay in rehab, as well.

If he's worried about the person and not the image of the sport, now he has both to worry about. Jones leaving rehab after one day does worse for his "self image" and the image of the sport. At this point, if I were Dana (which a lot would change to begin with) I'd strip him. An example should be made here. LHW has plenty of marketable fights and would do just fine without Jones as champ for the time being. Plus, if Jones earned the belt back, remarkable story.

I'am sure they have very little interest in trying to address a one day rehab stint.

Rug-->sweep-->under.

"This kid is unbelievable. He is part of the new breed of addicts. He beat his addiction in 1 day instead of 28. I'm so fucking proud of this guy for leaving rehab so early."

kanye-clapping.gif

Jones running at Flash tier speed in and out of rehab would make a hell of a Reebok commercial actually.

If he's worried about the person and not the image of the sport, now he has both to worry about. Jones leaving rehab after one day does worse for his "self image" and the image of the sport. At this point, if I were Dana (which a lot would change to begin with) I'd strip him. An example should be made here. LHW has plenty of marketable fights and would do just fine without Jones as champ for the time being. Plus, if Jones earned the belt back, remarkable story.

:rolleyes: Because it's great for the sport when promotions interfere with who has the belt.

Unless the UFC can show performance enhancing drug use, they have no business determining the outcome of the belt. Their one and only concern should be making sure their employee was only using the drug recreationaly, and protecting his ability to stay healthy and focused. Their job is to make the best fights imaginable, not to remove the best fighters over nanny-state drug laws.

Oh, and #FreeWanderlei

:rolleyes: Because it's great for the sport when promotions interfere with who has the belt.

Unless the UFC can show performance enhancing drug use, they have no business determining the outcome of the belt. Their one and only concern should be making sure their employee was only using the drug recreationaly, and protecting his ability to stay healthy and focused. Their job is to make the best fights imaginable, not to remove the best fighters over nanny-state drug laws.

Oh, and #FreeWanderlei

Fair argument for sure, but what do you think does more damage to the sport. Having a champion who's had a DUI while champion, and a positive cocaine drug test while champion, or removing the belt off of him, have him actually recover his seemingly destructive behavior (note that I'm using the word seemingly cause wtf do any of us really know) and potentially get the belt back because after all he's the best fighter in the world right now? With the UFC attempting to legitimize itself as a sport with the FOX deal and more consistent ESPN coverage, I think stripping, although drastic, is a better cause for change and the ultimate legitimization of the sport.

Completely understand your point tho.

What is outpatient rehab anyway? They should just rename it "celebrity rehab". It's just something you do so you can check that box off on your way to being socially accepted again. Luckily foolish people are easy to fool...

lmao

I am proud of Jones for beating his addiction like the true champion that he is. - Dana White

This

jones-bud.png

Possibly the best post EVA!!!111 lol

Lol nice play, I could actually see it

Back