Has Dana made a statement about Anderson Silva getting whooped by a Youtube gamer?

Has Bob Arum or Oscar De La Hoya issued a statement about Greg Hardy dominating Hasim Rahman Jr who just fought for a world title in his previous fight? In Hardy's 2nd professional boxing match to boot.
It wasn't a world title it was a shit tier regional (domestic) title.
He didn’t fight for the vacant WBC title
No. The title is affiliated with the WBC but they have a bunch of affiliate orgs that offer regional titles. All of the major sanctioning bodies (WBA, WBC, IBF, WBO) recognize these smaller regional level orgs. They pay to have their backing so that their titles look more legit (to fool people like you, basically).

Last edited:
Hardy is an A-Level athlete. Let's not forget he got to the top 10 in UFC with barely any training. Also that boxing fight he had 100lbs advantage. That is huge and that isn't Rahman Jr's weight class at all. Imagine Moreno fighting Wilder, that is the same weight difference between them. Let's see if Hardy can crack the top 10 in boxing. Rahman Jr isn't ranked anywhere near the top 10, he's currently ranked #274. Hardy got to the top 10 in UFC with barely any training.
Anderson Silva was old AF and still beat a former world boxing champion at boxing. Pathetic boxers. Pathetic Mixed Martial Artists.

We've all been swindled for years to believe these guys are the best fighters on earth while some jabroni playing Fortnite could start training for 2 years and destroy all these clowns.

Tyler "Ninja" Blevins probably KTFOs Fury and Ngannou in MMA and Boxing with 6 months training.

I remember Dana making a statement after Jake Paul beat Tyrone Woodley, laughing about how Jake Paul would never call out Anderson Silva because Anderson would knock him out.

Well, he did call out Silva, fought him and beat him decisively
Has Dana commented about this?

Dana gave a comment when the match was announced he only said "now that is a real fight, no matter how old Spider is" That was enough

I agree Jake Paul's first real pro boxing match, at least I hope so.

(to fool people like you, basically).
Doesn't fool me because I attach no real significance to any boxing titles. Only because I don't care about them because a) there are so many b) because I don't really care about boxing.
If WBC = hardcore boxing fan
& WBC Silver = casual
then I guess I am maybe on that 7th tier WBC US title level as a fan.

The fact that the WBC puts its name on a title like that shows what's wrong with boxing. Imagine the UFC having the UFC Cage warriors HW champion, UFC LFA HW champion, UFC KOTC champion, UFC Ring of Combat champion etc etc.

Second Generation Full time boxer, son of former HW champion. Imagine Royce Gracie losing a BJJ open weight match to Greg Hardy.
Full time boxer? He went pro at 26 years old. If he was a second generation boxer he wouldve went pro 13 years ago.
Hes a guy going off his Dads name.

Full time boxer? He went pro at 26 years old. If he was a second generation boxer he wouldve went pro 13 years ago.
Hes a guy going off his Dads name.
Over 100 amateur fights and 13 pro fights before the Hardy fight. He went to jail over a vehicle accident or likely goes pro sooner. Don't act like he is a Youtuber or some celebrity boxer.

Over 100 amateur fights and 13 pro fights before the Hardy fight. He went to jail over a vehicle accident or likely goes pro sooner. Don't act like he is a Youtuber or some celebrity boxer.
He wouldve went pro in 2011 if he was a full time boxer.
He claims hes had 80 amateur bouts, but if you knew anything about boxing, which you dont because you thought he was a former champion or some nonsense and youve already said you don't know anything about boxing, you'd realize that you can go out and have an amateur bout in a couple weeks if you wanted too.

He was going to lose to Jake Paul. Hes slow, he doesnt train hard and hes just not very good. He lost to Tommy Morrison's son the fight prior and was handpicked by Pauls team to fight Jake because they know that Jake would beat him and they can then lay the claim that he beat a "boxer".

He wouldve went pro in 2011 if he was a full time boxer.
He claims hes had 80 amateur bouts, but if you knew anything about boxing, which you dont because you thought he was a former champion or some nonsense and youve already said you don't know anything about boxing, you'd realize that you can go out and have an amateur bout in a couple weeks if you wanted too.

He was going to lose to Jake Paul. Hes slow, he doesnt train hard and hes just not very good. He lost to Tommy Morrison's son the fight prior and was handpicked by Pauls team to fight Jake because they know that Jake would beat him and they can then lay the claim that he beat a "boxer".
Yeah I kind of don't care. Doesn't make the Jake Paul vs Anderson Silva comment in the OP any more relevant than my comment asking if Arum or De La Hoya commented on Jr vs Hardy.

Hardy is an A-Level athlete. Let's not forget he got to the top 10 in UFC with barely any training. Also that boxing fight he had 100lbs advantage. That is huge and that isn't Rahman Jr's weight class at all. Imagine Moreno fighting Wilder, that is the same weight difference between them. Let's see if Hardy can crack the top 10 in boxing. Rahman Jr isn't ranked anywhere near the top 10, he's currently ranked #274. Hardy got to the top 10 in UFC with barely any training.

You mention Wilder, but Wilder himself has weighed in lighter than Rahman. When you're a 6'3" 226 lb HW like Rahman (or Evander Holyfield for that matter) you're expected to be able to fight other heavyweights.

Hardy was fat also, he doesn't normally weigh that much when in optimal fighting shape. There's a reason we don't see 300+ heavyweights taking over boxing, the closest thing ever was Valuev.

Yeah I kind of don't care. Doesn't make the Jake Paul vs Anderson Silva comment in the OP any more relevant than my comment asking if Arum or De La Hoya commented on Jr vs Hardy.
Arum and De La Hoya never said the ridiculous shit that White said.

A professional boxer with 5 fights (a 'youtuber') beating a 47-year-old MMA guy in boxing is embarrassing for MMA, but a youtuber beating a 47-year-old MMA guy who just beat a former alphabet world champ in boxing isn't also embarrassing for boxing.

Bulletproof logic.

Arum and De La Hoya never said the ridiculous shit that White said.
Yeah I just picked them as they are boxing equivalent of DW. They have also said stupid shit in the past.

On another topic I wonder what those guys actually do think about Jake Paul and his presence in the boxing world.

You mention Wilder, but Wilder himself has weighed in lighter than Rahman. When you're a 6'3" 226 lb HW like Rahman (or Evander Holyfield for that matter) you're expected to be able to fight other heavyweights.

Hardy was fat also, he doesn't normally weigh that much when in optimal fighting shape. There's a reason we don't see 300+ heavyweights taking over boxing, the closest thing ever was Valuev.
My point is that there was 100lb difference. Which people are ignoring and that also Rahman Jr is ranked above 200. So this isn't like a huge mma vs boxing win like people are trying to paint it. Hardy had 100lbs advantage, the ring was super small for this event (which I don't get why they keep using a small ass ring especially when there are heavyweights on the card). Also Hardy is from football not really mma. Hardy was able to get to the top 10 in UFC though with very little training. Let's see if Hardy can get anywhere close to the top 10 in boxing. Seems like boxing is Hardy's new focus so let's see how far he can get. We already know he was top 10 in UFC.

Anderson Silva was old AF and still beat a former world boxing champion at boxing. Pathetic boxers. Pathetic Mixed Martial Artists.

We've all been swindled for years to believe these guys are the best fighters on earth while some jabroni playing Fortnite could start training for 2 years and destroy all these clowns.

Tyler "Ninja" Blevins probably KTFOs Fury and Ngannou in MMA and Boxing with 6 months training.
Chavez Jr was a champion, current version isn't much of a boxer. Context matters. A great win regardless for Silva but his fight vs Jake Paul honestly is a closer gauge of his boxing ability. Chavez Jr spends most of his time drunk and on drugs now, from what everyone says about him. You can't expect much in boxing from someone like that.

Ninja should try then if he thinks he can. Boxing money is a nice goal to have.

I remember Dana making a statement after Jake Paul beat Tyrone Woodley, laughing about how Jake Paul would never call out Anderson Silva because Anderson would knock him out.

Well, he did call out Silva, fought him and beat him decisively

Has Dana commented about this?

Anderson is like 60. You wut?

Chavez Jr was a champion, current version isn't much of a boxer. Context matters. A great win regardless for Silva but his fight vs Jake Paul honestly is a closer gauge of his boxing ability. Chavez Jr spends most of his time drunk and on drugs now, from what everyone says about him. You can't expect much in boxing from someone like that.

Ninja should try then if he thinks he can. Boxing money is a nice goal to have.

Anderson would have been a champion boxer had he went into the sweet science and not mma. He was really that good and had a iron chin until it wasn't.

This, people act like this kid rolled off the couch and is winning fights. Hes been training for years and is actually athletic.

This. Likely horse meat and is training his ass off. He's not longer just a YouTuber which is why Tate or anybody needs to take him seriously.

Anderson would have been a champion boxer had he went into the sweet science and not mma. He was really that good and had a iron chin until it wasn't.
Yeah even if he did it after the leg break he could've still done really well. He should've switched over after breaking his leg. Silva always wanted to box as well, he should've went into it earlier and not after retiring from mma.

Back