Has Cruz ever faced a proper "knockout artist?"

has cody ever fought a man who is essentially air?

there is so many at 135

Lets change the question..

Has Cruz ever fought anyone who has actually landed a clean punch?

Don't believe everything Cruz tells you, he does get hit and he has been dropped

Will you ever stop being salty about this?

6.gif
I don't know what that has to do with Faber dropping him.

Hes never faced anyone like cody at all. Thats why he will lose, hes been facing shorter guys with below average boxing and power. Tonight hes facing a dude who was 32-1 as an amatuer boxer and hits like a truck.

Imo Bowles, Joe B and Jorgensen all had pretty good knockout power but they all failed to land with conviction. Cody will be no different.

Faber, Bowles, Dillashaw, Benavidez all have decent power. Who has Cody knockout that has a decent chin? Or isn't incredibly susceptible to boxing?
Most fighters have decent power.
Like i stated we don't know how high is level is just yet, he is unproven. Thomas Almeida was supposed to knock him out according to the majority of Sherdog, and like i predicted the exact opposite happened. Obviously Almeida is nowhere on Cruz's level, but imo Cruz's boxing is not that great. He has extraordinary movement tho.
Dom does over-extend at times when he throws punches and he does do certain things over and over again so he could get clipped on the chin.

Most fighters have decent power.
Like i stated we don't know how high is level is just yet, he is unproven. Thomas Almeida was supposed to knock him out according to the majority of Sherdog, and like i predicted the exact opposite happened. Obviously Almeida is nowhere on Cruz's level, but imo Cruz's boxing is not that great. He has extraordinary movement tho.
Dom does over-extend at times when he throws punches and he does do certain things over and over again so he could get clipped on the chin.

Did you watch Almeida's fight with Pickett by any chance. Not just the ko gif the actual fight? Cruz is unconventional but extremely effective

Did you watch Almeida's fight with Pickett by any chance. Not just the ko gif the actual fight? Cruz is unconventional but extremely effective
Yes i did and Pickett was winning that fight imo. That's why i was so shocked when the majorty picked Almeida to "brutally" KO Garbrandt, knowing his background.

Not really. Nodad obviously has a chance to win with his power. Doms gotta be careful and take him seriously. If dom can avoid the power long enough to get the timing down he wins with ease.

Yes i did and Pickett was winning that fight imo. That's why i was so shocked when the majorty picked Almeida to "brutally" KO Garbrandt, knowing his background.
Excactly So you knew that Almeida had poor boxing defense, and was a perfect match up for someone with Cody's skill set. Cody is still extremely untested, and facing the biggest test there is in that division

Holy crap Brian Bowles doesn't even know how to throw a punch. Look at him literally flailing arm punches while plodding forward

this is Dom's competition?!

please don't compare him to Cogar
Everyone that fights Cruz flails. Cody would be flailing tonight while getting pick apart.

He's fought people capable of knocking him out. But for some reason I just feel like Cody is going to win this fight. Not sure if it's by knockout but just feels like he's going to win. Cruz even seems a little more worked up this time around. Usually he's calm but before the weigh in he was telling a UFC person to just keep them spectators then he went out there and started jumping around talking shit. We are going to find out in just a little bit.

I mean that suplex is about as relevant as Faber dropping Cruz in 2011. Cody was getting ko'd in the Amateur level that same year iirc
It's not relevant to the question I responded to.

Back