Has Cruz ever faced a proper "knockout artist?"

I'm pretty sure Cody's reach and boxing will give him the win via KO today.

"This one particular fighter does well in fights, it must be because his opponents are all incompetent instead of him being good" - retard logic

Edit: I also have never seen Cody throw a full straight punch. I don't think he'll hit Dom very much if he is spamming short hooks, unless he gets Cruz up against the cage.

Pretty sure I have. And I don't think he's spamming hooks.
I don't think he's a great boxer for MMA (I think he's bad at cutting the cage, and that's what will bite him tonight), but he has great punching instincts. If you watch him fight, yes he sometimes wades into hooks (which Dom does as well in MMA, Dom also pretty rarely focuses on straight offense), but if he can get in range his best work comes off of a measured lead hand and rolling hooks if you try to throw back. It's pretty cool to watch. He'll be a great fighter in the future.

Either Cruz will school Cody and make him look like an amateur or Cody will catch Cruz. Can't wait to see it.

Worse case scenario is Cody fighting like Mike "One Punch at a Time" Perry did against Jouban.

TJ has nowhere near the power that Cody has IMO.
Oh I certainly agree. I guess I just mean that Dom doesn't have some glass chin. I also think TJ is a much better and more well rounded striker than Cody. If this fight goes 5 rounds, I would be willing to bet that Cody won't land nearly as many strikes as TJ did.

I fucking NEED that rematch.

Ah shit... I thought it was 68" for Cody and 65" for Cruz. Crap. I based a bet on that too... shit.
Dw i just betted on him too.
We win some we lose some

Lets see what happens.

Oh I certainly agree. I guess I just mean that Dom doesn't have some glass chin. I also think TJ is a much better and more well rounded striker than Cody. If this fight goes 5 rounds, I would be willing to bet that Cody won't land nearly as many strikes as TJ did.

I fucking NEED that rematch.
It'll be interesting to see for sure.
TJ might even win the rm

Lets change the question..

Has Cruz ever fought anyone who has actually landed a clean punch?
Brian Bowles
292mzat.jpg
WEC-42-Miguel-Torres-vs.-Brian-Bowles.jpg
Cruz-punches-Bowles.jpg
rs62d3.gif
k7OIlux.gif
Hes similar to Garbrandt heavy hands and wrestling. Cruz took him apart. N Tj Dillashaw
ThirstyGlossyAnglerfish.gif
SpryObedientBaiji.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
He's fought people cablenof knocking him out. But for some reason I just feel like Cody is going to win this fight. Not sure if it's by knockout but just feels like he's going to win. Cruz even seems a little more worked up this time around. Usually he's calm but before the weigh in he was telling a UFC person to just keep them spectators then he went out there and started jumping around talking shit. We are going to find out in just a little bit.

Cruz routinely fights top 5 guys, Garbrandt hasn't.

It's easy to knock out shitty fighters, KO'ing top ranked fighters is a different story.

Faber - Not really a knockout artist, usually ends his fights w/ submissions. Was able to knock down Cruz a few times.
T.J Dillashaw - A well rounded high pace muay thai fighter without proper knockout power. Was able to tag Cruz as well.
Takeya Mizugaki - Needless to say
DJ - A natural flyweight - not a knockout artist.
Benavidez - A natural flyweight - not a knockout artist
Jorgensen - Not a knockout artist
Bowles - Not a knockout artist
Ian Mccall - Not a knockout artist

8_medium.gif

SkeletalHandsomeIndigobunting.gif

ExhaustedLongLabradorretriever.gif

This is the first guy that is actually his size or even bigger, with legit knockout power w/ boxing and wrestling credentials. Obviously he is still a lot more greener in the sport, but you can't ignore the fact that he has ran through everybody that he's faced in the UFC so far. How legit is his wrestling? We'll see tonight. How high is his "level" - nobody knows for sure.

Dom isn't known for his knockout power, so Garbrandt will be willing and WILL stand in the pocket with him throwing bombs. He has the technique, power and speed to catch Dom. Dom is hard to hit but he is not unhittable by any means. Being a boxer Garbrandt knows not to over-extend & won't go crazy if he gets a knockdown.

I won't be surprised if Dom beats him 50-45 but i won't be surprised to see Dom on his ass either. He has never really faced a fighter that poses the exact same threat.

Discuss
Doesnt seem a proper Knock down

Cruz has faced plenty of guys with power. Has Cody ever fought anyone even near Cruz's level?

Back