Has Conor ever fought an overall kicker like Cowboy?

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
Aldo only has leg kicks he almost never goes to the body and head specially post WEC

Siver is the best kicker he fought otherwise and all he has are the spinning shit kicks to the body

I think Conor wins but im interested to see how he handles with Cowboys kicks or he just tries to blitz him before he can work them

source.gif

Max used to kick a lot more back in the day, but in general the answer is no.

I would guess he will be mindful mostly of Donalds kicks standing much much more than his hands.

Conor doesn't have to worry much at all of Donalds hands. He may try to force some kicks out of Donald just to open up the gaurd.

But you are right TS. Donald is the best kicker Conor has faced

Cowboy is definitely the best kicker Conor has fought, discounting Aldo. Siver had a decent kick arsenal, but was too small and plodding to do anything

I don't think so.
But that's true for most of cowboy's opponents.

And probably a good reason to take this fight before fighting gaethje. That man can kick, punch, wrestle and pressue non-stop all while taking your best shots.

I don't think we'll get to see conor gaethje but man I hope we do. That would be a fun freakin' scrap.

I don't think so.

And probably a good reason to take this fight before fighting gaethje. That man can kick, punch, wrestle and pressue non-stop all while taking your best shots.

I don't think we'll get to see conor gaethje but man I hope we do. That would be a fun freakin' scrap.

U think Conor/Gaethje is even a remote possibility
{<jordan}

youre missing the point... all sign point to the ufc doing everything possible for conor to win this fight regardless of how.

U think Conor/Gaethje is even a remote possibility
{<jordan}
I think there is a 99% chance donald pulls out and gaethje is a late replacement.
I'll sig bet that this happens in the next 24 hrs.
100% certainty that certainly it could be certain with some degree of certainty.

He hasn’t, but on the contrary Cowboy struggles to get his kicking game going against fighters who throw kicks against him and he obviously struggles with southpaws and has even more problems with southpaw fighters who kick.

Conor isn’t the best kicker but he has a couple of good kicks and I think he should look to throw some kicks as I think it will cause Donald problems and make it harder for him to find any rhythm. Conor looks like he might be focusing a lot on his hands though and the bigger he gets the less free-flowing his game will be imo.

I don't think so.

*This*

Gaethje should be fighting Connor. Not Cowboy.

Cowboy is coming off two tko's, the last of which was to Justin, last October. In the first round.

Would live to see Connor vs Gaethje.

Cowboy is definitely the best kicker Conor has fought, discounting Aldo. Siver had a decent kick arsenal, but was too small and plodding to do anything
Great point about Siver. Say what you want about 'the German steroid'head midget', but the dude can kick like a mule and was considered one of the best kickers in the game when he came in the UFC. Rogan used to drool all over him, and for good reason. Cowboy has a very different kicking game, tho Cowboy has always had a weakness to southpaw boxers.
This match is being singled out for a very good reason.

Great point about Siver. Say what you want about 'the German steroid'head midget', but the dude can kick like a mule and was considered one of the best kickers in the game when he came in the UFC. Rogan used to drool all over him, and for good reason. Cowboy has a very different kicking game, tho Cowboy has always had a weakness to southpaw boxers.
This match is being singled out for a very good reason.
This.
Cowboy is obv used here for multiple reasons that heavily favor Conor.
However its true that he brings a solid kicking game to possibly challenge Conor. If Cowboy can keep it at a certain range that might actually trouble Conor. However Cowboy often uses boxing combos to set up his kicks. Id like to argue that this will most likely lead into Conor figuring Cowboy out before and starting to look for a counter.

This.
Cowboy is obv used here for multiple reasons that heavily favor Conor.
However its true that he brings a solid kicking game to possibly challenge Conor. If Cowboy can keep it at a certain range that might actually trouble Conor. However Cowboy often uses boxing combos to set up his kicks. Id like to argue that this will most likely lead into Conor figuring Cowboy out before and starting to look for a counter.
Agreed, homie.

I envision Conor taking a Till route, pressuring him early and forcing him to make mistakes and get countered. The only thing I question is if Conor will not chase the finish and wants to give the fans 'a proper knock'. If he plays with his food, he could get in trouble, but when I close my eyes and envision this fight, I just see Conor getting a quick KO. I can definitely see Cowboy, or even Eddie, getting the better of Conor in sparring with head gear and going 25 minutes, but in the cage, it is a different story.

Back