Has, Conor changed the narrative?

3nigma

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
We all know that, Conor came up with a big book of excuses after, Khabib beat him. Balloon foot, lack of focus, worst camp of his life, and probably some other shit. It seems that the lack of focus excuse is the one he is sticking to and the UFC (Dana) is helping to re-enforce that through the first episode of UFC 246 Countdown.

Money and fame got to him and he wasn't focused on Khabib. I'm sure if he beats Cowboy he will say he was focused and this is his true self. Seems like his fans are picking up on this and using it as their excuse to why Conor got dominated and humiliated.

Funny how Conor couldn't focus on the biggest fight of his career after supposedly having the best camp of his life (it was a war) and coming back for the love of competition. He even admitted that he was refocused on MMA after doing other things before UFC 229. He is literally repeating the same lines.

Tried and tested.

Mc-Book-II.jpg

It’s all smoke and mirrors

Cowboy is the easiest fight they could give him without complete outrage

He’s spinning the narrative that it’s a comeback but in reality it’s a retirement tour

i don't think most rational fans believe the excuses. This is nothing unique to Conor, many fighters do it after losses. Always coming up with BS excuses on why they lost. This is no different.

No it is not changing the narrative. Winning will help to change it though. A win against Cowboy that gets blown out of proportion and all of the sudden "He's back"

I wouldn't be surprised if the UFC makes a Khabib rematch after this to cash in.

I think Conor fans just want to hold on to anything they can get their hands on.

Imagine flying around the world to get a someone who slapped your friend with your boys but saying you were not motivated to fight him one on one.

It was obvious from the 1st press conference that Connor was in no shape to face Khabib. The guy was all over the place. I don't know if it was from drugs or stress but the moment I saw him on that stage babbling like a lunatic I figured he was done for. This time round it's harder to judge because as far as I know he hasn't done any press. It actually makes things more interesting. I'd like to see him make a comeback because he's been entertaining as shit in the past, and more entertainment is always a good thing.

It’s all smoke and mirrors

Cowboy is the easiest fight they could give him without complete outrage

He’s spinning the narrative that it’s a comeback but in reality it’s a retirement tour
source.gif

We all know that, Conor came up with a big book of excuses after, Khabib beat him. Balloon foot, lack of focus, worst camp of his life, and probably some other shit. It seems that the lack of focus excuse is the one he is sticking to and the UFC (Dana) is helping to re-enforce that through the first episode of UFC 246 Countdown.

Money and fame got to him and he wasn't focused on Khabib. I'm sure if he beats Cowboy he will say he was focused and this is his true self. Seems like his fans are picking up on this and using it as their excuse to why Conor got dominated and humiliated.

Funny how Conor couldn't focus on the biggest fight of his career after supposedly having the best camp of his life (it was a war) and coming back for the love of competition. He even admitted that he was refocused on MMA after doing other things before UFC 229. He is literally repeating the same lines.
I think he might have changed the narrative a bit, yeah.

But I'm not concerned with the narrative; I'm concerned with reality. I wish everyone else was the same.

Props to TS for the oxfordesque use of the comma in the thread title

Last edited:
You’re not supposed to use commas like that TS. It’s hurting my feelings

Its pretty obvious he went off the rails for a while, waking up in random treehouses in Liverpool and whatnot and was clear he wasn't in the right frame of mind during that press conference at 229

The main story they want to tell is that money and fame made Conor go off the rails, grouping all his indiscretions together so that you can just talk about 'mistakes' when referring to either shoving Goddard or being accused of rape. The story now is that he's learned from the mistakes and he's back/best shape of his life/happy camp, if he beats Cowboy then you can say 'its all different now' and that sets up the argument that he should fight the winner of Khabib v Tony.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back