*Has China surpassed Japan and Korea as having the best MMA fighters?*

I mean, has there even been a truly great fighter out of Japan outside of Sakuraba? Don't you dare say Gomi.
machida is born in brazil but his dad is japanese so they drink beer pitchers of urine to make them strong

btw kids dont try this at home it will fuck up ur throat and you dont want anyone to know that or ill call 911

The leech got choked out and face planted last time he faced a Japanese fighter.

092615-UFC-Keita-Nakamura-Li-Jingli-82653c3317b00510VgnVCM100000d7c1a8c0____.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't realize that.... is there not a massive conflict of interest in having UFC gyms fielding UFC fighters??

I don't think so. As long as they aren't rigging fights. If you really think about it, this isn't really that much different from the Ultimate Fighter. The biggest difference is that the training they are doing is a lot more comprehensive and it's not filmed.

Interesting, thanks for posting this, I’m curious how long ago the facility was built and why the UFC hasn’t been attention whoring more information out on this?
<Fedor23>

I believe it officially opened last year around June. I don't think it caught alot of people's attentions because most people simply not interested how UFC is trying to grow MMA across globe.

Interestingly, enough they have already broken ground on a UFC PI in Mexico and have plans to build dozens more across the globe.

The PI's are UFC's long term strategy for building international stars. Ideally it will work like the Olympic Training Center but for MMA. They will train their own teams in countries/regions in which they are trying to expand and then have the prospects star in international versions of TUF or the Contender Series.

Tough to say. How many male fighters that each country has produced are number one in their division in the world?
China: 0
Japan: 0
Korea:0

female fighters:
China: Zhang (UFC strawweight champ, consensus #1 in world)
Korea: Seo Hee Ham (Road FC atomweight champ/Rizin super atomweight champ, #1 in world)

then you look at the rankings:
Japan: 0 ranked fighters in UFC.
Korea: two ranked fighters (TKZ #4 feather, Kim JiYeon #13 women’s flyweight)
China: two ranked fighters (Yan Xiaonan #11 strawweight, Song Yadong #13 bantamweight)

has China surpassed Japan? Probably. Korea? No.

Considering Yadong, the Leech and Weili Zhang, no doubt about it. Japan is way past its prime. Same with Korea.

Japan in general is fucked. Its population is one of the oldest in the world and the younger generations are terrible. Not dating, not having families, barely working. Its so bad that the normally xenoskeptic Japan is importing migrants to fill the labor void

Tough to say. How many male fighters that each country has produced are number one in their division in the world?

female fighters:
Korea: Seo Hee Ham (Road FC atomweight champ/Rizin super atomweight champ, #1 in world)

China: two ranked fighters (Yan Xiaonan #11 strawweight, Song Yadong #13 bantamweight)

Its also important to note that China has about 8x as many people as Japan and S. Korea combined

female fighters:

Why are we only going by rankings in the UFC? Japan has guys in 125 and 135 who would easily be top ten in the UFC.

I’d say so since they’ve produced a UFC champion who then defended her belt.
Pride had fixed fights so those Japanese fighters shouldn’t be counted. It’s insulting to legitimate champions.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back