Media Has Chael lost his mind?

I like chael’s take on shit. I think I’m gonna turn this into a chael appreciation thread instead.

cliffs
0:00 - the great ppv
0:30 - ferguson vs cowboy
4:25 - round 2
6:53 - fight-over

wrestling is the difference.

being heavier is more beneficial for wrestling
being lighter is more beneficial for striking

this is why RDA lost to Usman and Colby.

I like chael’s take on shit. I think I’m gonna turn this into a chael appreciation thread instead.

cliffs
0:00 - the great ppv
0:30 - ferguson vs cowboy
4:25 - round 26:53 - fight-over

He'll make a contradictory video next week.
That guy is a proven cheater and a felon. Why do people like you keep posting his vids in here to discuss whatever controversial shit that he says I dont know.
<3>
So is Jon Jones, doesn't mean I'm not gonna listen when he talks fighting. Chael has good tidbits from time to time.

It's a 2 minute video you don't need cliffs.
If what he says is true then why didn't he fight at LHW his entire career? This dude talking just to talk now? Discuss.

Edit:

Chael states the weight advantage lies with the lighter fighter, contrary to the popular belief that the heavier fighter has the advantage.

Here's the thing at HW this is true but that's because the height and reach advantage largely goes away and LHW's have a cardio and athlethic advantage. At 185 it's true to a lesser extent.

For example Chael has the same dimensions of a Fedor or Cain. He was just able to cut to 185 and 205.

And per him not fighting at 205 his whole career, so many possible reasons. He was less successful there but he was also younger back then. Dude didn't have any finishing power, 185 might have been friendlier to his fight style? He did do pretty well at 205 the second time, he finished Shogun.

heres another must watch

00:00 - moraes vs cejudo
00:27 - henry loses round 1
02:57 - marlon is one tough sob
05:30 - henry becomes world champion
06:37 - greatest fighter of all time?
09:20 - importance of speaking up

Fedor was a small heavyweight. And he is the goat at heavyweight mma.

Rocky Marciano had the shortest reach in heavyweight boxing but he went undefeated.

Pac Man was smaller than almost all of his opponents when he went up in weight. That did not stop him winning titles.

Conor was successful going up.
Cejudo was successful going up.
Dustin was successful going up.
Pettis was successful going up.
Masvidal was successful going up.
Cowboy had success when he went up.

You might want to look at the evidence in front of your eyes and stop drinking the cool aid.

DC came down from HW and won the belt.
Randy Couture moved down to win his second belt as well.

and then lost twice to chuck, only to go back to HW and regain the HW belt.

doesnt prove much.. It more or less proves the fact that if you are around 230 pounds and elite, you can fight either at HW or LHW, with similar success

When you have the power to knockout a heavyweight than speed can be the deciding factor. That is why you can see 220 pound HW boxing champs. But a little guy is not going to be able to stop a big guy with punches very often.

He lost me when he said reach isn't an advantage. How does he figure it's not? If the guy can tag you while staying out of your range that is a huge advantage. Maybe it's not a useful advantage if you don't know how to use it but guys like JJ prove that when you know how to use your frame properly you become almost unstoppable.

Back