Media Has Chael lost his mind?

Do you even need a video to tell you that Chael is a total bullshit artist?

<TheDonald>

Do you even need a video to tell you that Chael is a total bullshit artist?

<TheDonald>

@drbolony i didn’t watch the video, I made my post off the title. Thanks for the clear up.
<BC1><{silvanormal}>
Lazy ass.
LngA.gif

DC came down from HW and won the belt.
Randy Couture moved down to win his second belt as well.
Yeah but he didn't specify double champs, he's talking weight advantage in general. So if that's true, why didn't Chale fight at LHW his entire career?
He's always said this.

Always.

He said it as far back as his podcast with Nate as guest before Nick fought Anderson - told Nate that Nick would be the one with the size advantage BECAUSE he was smaller.
<codychoke>bro... Read that back.
So far what he is saying has totally played out in cage in as being correct. No maybe that is because of the heavy weight cuts but either way if most are doing it how much of advantage is it in the end.

I don't know how you can say he is 100% wrong or lost his mind.
Because it's completely hypocritical, he had his best career moments at 185. If there was anything to this he would've been more successful at 205.
I think he makes a very valid point. as he usually does.
That your boy?
He did win fights at LHW, choking out Shogun in his 2nd fight and also beat Rampage, but he's also said this applies much for to strikers than wrestlers.
No watch the video, he uses wrestling as an example specifically. I never said he didn't win at 205, I said he had his best moments at 185 so this entire clip is super hypocritical.
Chanel has always talked just to talk. Have you not been paying attention? I am always surprised when anyone takes him seriously.
He's a solid coach can't help but listen sometimes, but this is just
<DisgustingHHH>
He made good points, all the guys who tried to be double champs by going down in weight all lost, the double champs all went up in weight to win a title.
OK so what about his career? Or all the fighters who cut weight to "gain an advantage"? Let's not forget Silva x Diaz. He never specifically mentioned champ champs. I mean the title of the clip is literally "The Size Advantage".

Lazy ass.

LngA.gif

Yeah but he didn't specify double champs, he's talking weight advantage in general. So if that's true, why didn't Chale fight at LHW his entire career?

<codychoke>bro... Read that back.

Because it's completely hypocritical, he had his best career moments at 185. If there was anything to this he would've been more successful at 205.

That your boy?

No watch the video, he uses wrestling as an example specifically. I never said he didn't win at 205, I said he had his best moments at 185 so this entire clip is super hypocritical.

He's a solid coach can't help but listen sometimes, but this is just
<DisgustingHHH>

OK so what about his career? Or all the fighters who cut weight to "gain an advantage"? Let's not forget Silva x Diaz. He never specifically mentioned champ champs. I mean the title of the clip is literally "The Size Advantage".
What do you mean he never specifically mentioned champ champs that was his main point to prove size disadvantage, did you even watch your own video?

What do you mean he never specifically mentioned champ champs that was his main point to prove size disadvantage, did you even watch your own video?
He used them as examples, he never specifically said "the smaller man wins in champ x champ fights".

He aint wrong at HW. Who was considered the best? Cain for the longest. Now DC. These guys are small hws who out move and cardio theyre opponents.

To be the fastest guys generally will be to be the best gu .

He aint wrong at HW. Who was considered the best? Cain for the longest. Now DC. These guys are small hws who out move and cardio theyre opponents.

To be the fastest guys generally will be to be the best gu .
Then he should've specified "at HW". The guy made a blanket statement for all of MMA. Why not use his own career as an example? All his best moments where at 185.

I thought he actually brought up an interesting point. He's not always right but he is worth listening to.

Didn't Whittaker the smaller guy with zero wrestling pedigree stuff all the takedowns of a much bigger Olympic wrestler twice? Hmmm

All of you saying he's wrong didn't watch the video! He is right and he gives facts. The only person his theory doesn't completely work is with Jon Jones. Jones could move up and win but no one smaller than him has a chance! You don't see it much but when a larger champion has moved down in weight I can't think of one that was successful. In boxing there are hundreds of multi division champs and it's always stepping up in weight. Sugar Ray Leonard stepped down in weight and Terry Norris damn near killed him. Roy Jones won heavyweight title, Tyson & Ali were always smaller. BJ beat the unbeatable Hughes which shocked the shit out of me when it happened. Couture beat Sylvia etc. The few champs that dropped down to fight in lower divisions all lost. TJ and Cormier are the only 2 that I can think of. If both guys are evenly skilled the smaller faster guy almost always wins! For those of you calling Chael an idiot please give me the people that have moved down and won?

All of you saying he's wrong didn't watch the video! He is right and he gives facts. The only person his theory doesn't completely work is with Jon Jones. Jones could move up and win but no one smaller than him has a chance! You don't see it much but when a larger champion has moved down in weight I can't think of one that was successful. In boxing there are hundreds of multi division champs and it's always stepping up in weight. Sugar Ray Leonard stepped down in weight and Terry Norris damn near killed him. Roy Jones won heavyweight title, Tyson & Ali were always smaller. BJ beat the unbeatable Hughes which shocked the shit out of me when it happened. Couture beat Sylvia etc. The few champs that dropped down to fight in lower divisions all lost. TJ and Cormier are the only 2 that I can think of. If both guys are evenly skilled the smaller faster guy almost always wins! For those of you calling Chael an idiot please give me the people that have moved down and won?

They dont move down because they're too big. GSP, Silva, Jones would all be emaciated if they dropped a division.

Its not about having a size advantage or disadvantage, its about being the right size for your body type and division. Usman isnt beating Jon Jones at their natural weights, but if Jon Jones starved to death to fight him at ww, Jones would lose. Its not exactly rocket science.

They dont move down because they're too big. GSP, Silva, Jones would all be emaciated if they dropped a division.

Its not about having a size advantage or disadvantage, its about being the right size for your body type and division. Usman isnt beating Jon Jones at their natural weights, but if Jon Jones starved to death to fight him at ww, Jones would lose. Its not exactly rocket science.

It doesn't happen very often of someone moving down but when they have they were not as successful. Former champions Rashad Evans and Machida both moved down and had no success. Jon Jones who's the definite goat is the only person out there that could probably do it. I would leave him out of all analogies as hes a different animal. He probably beats Usman while in a wheel chair! Nobody else can that I can think of can move down and be successful. I always remember hearing how Fedor was at a disadvantage because he was so much smaller but his skills and speed made up the difference. If he lost weight down to 205 he likely would have been knocked out a few times by smaller faster skilled opponents. This only works with great fighters with equal skills. In a street fight the bigger guy will almost always win unless the smaller guy has better skills!

Chael is one of the sharpest minds in the game. The GOAT always get shit on by casuals. Fedor tapped. Show respect.

Every word of it is true.

<BC1>
Diaz lost that fight 50-45
Didn't Whittaker the smaller guy with zero wrestling pedigree stuff all the takedowns of a much bigger Olympic wrestler twice? Hmmm
Yeah, that's a good example for Chael, but where was Chael's advantage against Jon Jones? We can go back and forth with examples for and against forever. At the end of it we'll reach the same conclusion, most of the time the better fighter wins.

Sure, but that doesn't change the claim Chael made to Nate before the fight.
I see what you mean. Well yeah OK he said it. Doesn't mean he believes it. Why didn't he fight his entire career at 205?
I'm calling him a hypocrite because he makes these statements all while he fought at both 185 and 205, and had most of his success at 185.

TS, your avatar...... that fuckin guy sat on a plane two rows in front of me coming home from the Dominican last year. What a freaky lookin’ creature.

Fits in with the Chael thread. Back to your regularly scheduled shit posting

Back