Has Cain ever been stood up/separated from the cage?

sangreporsangre

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I was just thinking about how so much of last nights fight was played out on the cage, but at no time did Herb separate them for inactivity. And now Im trying to think if theres ever been a stand up in a Cain fight, or a ref breaking up the clinch on the cage. I havent seen Cain/JDS 2 in a while, so did it happen in that fight? Obviously there was never a chance for that when he fought Brock, Nog, or Bigfoot. Rothwell he just destroyed, as well as Stojnic and his first couple opponents....I havent seen the Kongo fight in forever but I remember Cain being extremely busy from top position in that fight. Although I also remember Kongo rocking him I believe 3 times standing, so maybe there was a stand up in there somewhere....or it was just at the beginning of the rounds. So can anyone remember if its happened? The pace he keeps for a HW is ridiculous

I don't think it has happened or if it has it was against the cage, Cain is very rarely inactive especially in those positions where he can hurt his opponent and not be hurt.

I was just thinking about how so much of last nights fight was played out on the cage, but at no time did Herb separate them for inactivity.

That's cause unlike couture or Kongo who stall against the cage, Cain is never inactive

That's cause unlike couture or Kongo who stall against the cage, Cain is never inactive

Yea exactly. Thats my whole point, for a guy whose style relies so heavily on top position or clinch work against the cage, I cant off the top of my head remember a time where he was even really warned for inactivity. Like I said, its pretty crazy for a HW. So can anyone remember, anyone, anyone?

bueller-o.gif

Back