Has Barnett publicly thanked Browne?

Barnett is still pretty green. I don't know why the UFC gave him a big name like Browne so soon.

Can't tell if the TS is just attempting to be funny OR is just a massive idiot.

Amen to that. Barnett may have fought in Pancrase, Pride, Affliction, Strikeforce, and been a UFC HW Champ before Browne even started training, but Barnett has never stepped into that cage under the bright lights with Travis Browne standing across the cage from him.

Mentally I don't think he is ready. I wish Barnett could string together a few more wins before leaping head first into the deep end with Travis Browne. Give Barnett the loser of JDS/Cain and then we can talk about Browne.

I hope this is the new BJJ Phenom Schaub

the heavyweight division no matter what ranks cain and dos santos as the best after that rubber match there are no real contenders the heavyweight division needs a new dominant face

browne should thank barnett

The amount of whoooooooooooosh in this thread is damn high. Its funny how people are embarrassing themselves and its not the TC

This fight is big risk for little reward for the #1 contender Travis Browne.

I have to admit I had no idea who Josh Barnett was and had to look him up on Wikipedia. The guy has lost 3 times to Michael Crocop and Big Nig.

It is questionable why he is making a run in the superbowl of mixed martial arts promotions at this stage of his career. I'm suspecting Josh couldn't even cut it in The Ultimate Fighter S10 tryouts (McSweeney probably disposed of him with a quick sub) so had to get a free pass into the UFC with their acquisition of some bush league promotion.

Travis Browne via tribal tattoo intimidation and superior grappling, he will run the pipe with a deep high single and slap on a arm triangle.

I'm sure the Warmaster has thanked Hawaiian Fedor several times by now

I can't believe Brown even acknowledged Barnett let alone signing to fight someone so clearly beneath him.

Agreed. I have a lot of respect for Browne, Barnett only has 1 win in the ufc in like the last 10 years and he has nothing to gain

How the fuck would Josh Barnett, one of the HW GOATs, make his name off of Travis Browne lol?

My thoughts exactly, every time I get back onto the Sherdog forums I'm reminded why I stopped coming here a long ass time ago. A bunch of new fans who have no clue about the history of this sport.

My thoughts exactly, every time I get back onto the Sherdog forums I'm reminded why I stopped coming here a long ass time ago. A bunch of new fans who have no clue about the history of this sport.

Um, really? Barnett only has 1 win in the ufc in the last 10 years

This is a huge step down for Browne. Bigfoot made a name off Browne and it showed us that on any given night, even someone like Browne can lose

Last edited:

Lmao you don't get it bro. Browne is the goat. Barnett needs to try and make a name off him.

Lol people getting trolled in this thread hardcore haha!!!

Browne is a tool hopefully Barnett schools him.

Travis Browne invented this sport.

Back