Has anyone watched "The Platform" on Netflix?

Ok the film doesn't really interest me but if it was called 'El hoyo' then shouldn't it be 'The Hole' and not 'The Platform'?
Changing the name of foreign language films/tv shows annoys me.
el hoyo is definitely the hole . the platform would be "la plataforma"

Snowpiercer is a great movie about the meaning of class struggle. It's less about class and more about struggle. We humans are funny that way. We just need something to fight for/against. Ideology is just an excuse to throw down.
great film way more violent than I expected and a smart film too.

It’s in my list, I’ll watch it tomorrow.

I liked it. Worth watching. The parts with the ugly woman could have been cut out for more proper violence though.

el hoyo is definitely the hole . the platform would be "la plataforma"

I just don't get why it happens. Ok there is already a film called 'The Hole' so maybe that's the reason but I can't see a 2001 film with Keira Knightley and Laurence Fox is going to confuse anyone.

It's not just when titles are translated into English either. I remember being in France when 'How to Train Your Dragon 2' came out and all the posters were for 'Dragons 2'. It makes no sense to me.
If the person who came up with a film gave it a name then keep the name they chose.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, it's basically Cube meets Snowpiercer.

I enjoyed it but obviously there's only so much you can do with a movie like that. The very idea that makes it interesting also directly limits it.

The girl is the message, because there should realistically be no way she can survive. If she makes it back to the top without being attacked or eaten, that sends a strong message about the people in the hole.

I do however question if the girl is to be taken literally or not. Is she actually real? Is the main character really alive at the end? The movie is quite vague (by design...it almost doesn't have a choice but to go that way).

I take it as a film to be enjoyed but not dwelt on, as there are plenty of questions but no real answers.

she can't be attacked on the way back up, the platform goes back up at like 100mph, however when it stops she'll probably be launched like a rock on a catapult and splatter on the roof lmao

I just don't get why it happens. Ok there is already a film called 'The Hole' so maybe that's the reason but I can't see a 2001 film with Keira Knightley and Laurence Fox is going to confuse anyone.

It's not just when titles are translated into English either. I remember being in France when 'How to Train Your Dragon 2' came out and all the posters were for 'Dragons 2'. It makes no sense to me.
If the person who came up with a film gave it a name then keep the name they chose.

Yeah works both ways, like how The Expendables is The Mercenaries in Spanish.

expendables-spanish-poster.jpg

yeah i saw it, its just another class warfare communist bullshit, its shit and the plot is childish and dumb but hey people think its art, its one of the dumbest most retarded movies ever made

yeah i saw it, its just another class warfare communist bullshit, its shit and the plot is childish and dumb but hey people think its art, its one of the dumbest most retarded movies ever made
Wow who pissed in your cereal this morning?

Just watch it enjoy it and don't think about the message you think you found. I'm far from a commie but what's wrong with the idea in the movie to share food so that everyone can eat?

Lighten up dude.
<Moves>

she can't be attacked on the way back up, the platform goes back up at like 100mph, however when it stops she'll probably be launched like a rock on a catapult and splatter on the roof lmao

Definitely had that thought, about the force involved in the ride back up!

But she is vulnerable the entire time - the only way to get to the top is by going to the very bottom, where she would be at risk every step of the way.

But that still creates more questions - we see that everyone is paired off, yet she's alone. What happened to her partner? Did she even have a partner?

For each question I answer, I end up with another 3 in it's place. I understand the idea of "the girl is the message", but I feel like it's more of a concept than a literal thing as the more you look into it the sketchier it gets (which can be said of the whole film...I just take it for what it is).

I gave it a 6.75/10. It was worth a watch. I enjoyed it

I just watched it for what it was and not knit pick it.

Last edited:
I will say this. If they went strictly horror movie and used basically the same script, it would be cool. But all the ideology takes a lot away from the movie.

Can't handle your preconceived notions being challenged by a TV show?

For anyone who hasn't seen it, it's basically Cube meets Snowpiercer.

I enjoyed it but obviously there's only so much you can do with a movie like that. The very idea that makes it interesting also directly limits it.

The girl is the message, because there should realistically be no way she can survive. If she makes it back to the top without being attacked or eaten, that sends a strong message about the people in the hole.

I do however question if the girl is to be taken literally or not. Is she actually real? Is the main character really alive at the end? The movie is quite vague (by design...it almost doesn't have a choice but to go that way).

I take it as a film to be enjoyed but not dwelt on, as there are plenty of questions but no real answers.

I read a quick interview from the director/creator and he said somehting similar. The end was ambiguous on purpose. We don't know if the main character was even alive or not, but I think his point was that it didn't really matter.

Snowpiercer is a great movie about the meaning of class struggle. It's less about class and more about struggle. We humans are funny that way. We just need something to fight for/against. Ideology is just an excuse to throw down.

I just added Snowpiercer to my list. I saw it advertised on Netflix before but never really knew anything about it.

Good movie overall.

Things that the movie did really well: The pacing, and slow descent into madness both in terms of the main character and the story.

Things that I didn't like: The random ass ending, and that the "woke" messages were delivered with the subtlety of a ten ton hammer pounding your skull repetitively.

Literally what i thought

Is Cube good btw? Is it kind of like a "Saw" type of show with booby traps and stuff?

Cube is excellent

It pretty much invented this "trapped in a place with traps have to escape movie genre"

Back