Has anyone tried or currently do sales?

No, I even interviewed twice(years apart) for the Manager in Training for Enterprise, because to get any job that's where you have to start. Both times I was told no because I don't have a "sellers mentality ".

Sales is a slimey profession where u have to be an ass kissing phony for 3/4 of your life. No thanks

Sales is a slimey profession where u have to be an ass kissing phony for 3/4 of your life. No thanks
I actually said this to my old sales friend last night. He does a phony laugh when he sells and he makes 6 figures. I said how the hell do you sleep at night?

I actually said this to my old sales friend last night. He does a phony laugh when he sells and he makes 6 figures. I said how the hell do you sleep at night?
I make 6 figur3s and can tell people to go fuck themselves on the daily

No, I even interviewed twice(years apart) for the Manager in Training for Enterprise, because to get any job that's where you have to start. Both times I was told no because I don't have a "sellers mentality ".
I actually interviewed for them as well out of college. It's churn and burn there and they want salespeople even though it's not advertised as a sales job imho. And the pay sucked and I don't remember any commissions involved. They seem to hire a lot of former athletes.

I'm in sales. It's usually pretty easy but I admit I let some sales slip through my fingers because I just don't feel like babysitting somebody through the whole process. Do you want it or not?

I'm in sales. It's usually pretty easy but I admit I let some sales slip through my fingers because I just don't feel like babysitting somebody through the whole process. Do you want it or not?
I've never heard anyone say sales is pretty easy. What do you sell?

That was the good thing about selling something I liked. All my spare time was spent learning about the product which satisfied my intellectual curiosity.

When people came in it did not matter what their budget was. I was just excited to share my knowledge and help them get something cool.

That was the good thing about selling something I liked. All my spare time was spent learning about the product which satisfied my intellectual curiosity.

When people came in it did not matter what their budget was. I was just excited to share my knowledge and help them get something cool.
That authenticity shines through and defiantly makes me a lot happier whenever I buy something. I can't handle some phoney trying to upsell me on something or holding me hostage until I make a purchase. Whenever I get a pressure sales vibe i leave.

I did it for about 6 months on a part time basis. On one hand, you gain a lot of confidence pitching to people, and learn how to handle rejections in a polite manner. On the other hand, there are a lot of sociopaths in sales that will say anything to make a buck. Unfortunately, those that are flexible in their morals are the ones most likely to succeed in this field. Most common one is misrepresentation. Most sales people are contractors, not directly hired by service provider or product maker. Many will claim to be employees of these firms when they are in fact paid on a contract basis, i.e. the amount of clients they recruit.

I work in sales. Aside for a stint in the Marines, I've been in sales the majority of my adult life.

It's a skill, like any other and can be learned. I was fucking awful at it for years. Now, I'm one of the best in a billion dollar company.

It takes practice and continuous effort to improve. Eventually, you'll have everything down to a science.

"Selling is essentially the transfer of enthusiasm."

- Zig Zigler.

Some of the richest people I know are in sales.

My buddy makes probably 160k now but has potential to make triple that. He's a born salesman for sure.

I know a couple that both make 200k a hear in sales.

My neighbor makes 200k per year in sales.

Alot of financial advisors are basically just salesman and I know a few who are killing it.

If you are elite sales is incredible. You use company cards to take clients golfing, out to eat etc. Many get car allowance, great vacation, etc.

And the demand is huge if you are good. My buddy had multiple companies recruiting him when he left his old job.

One of the most challenging tasks I undertook was trying to make myself enjoy sales.

Sales is brutal with all the rejection you get.

I don't sell like most people as when I did I hated sales.

I don't really sell as much now as i live off repeat business.

I find it interesting how few people can do sales even though there are plenty of sales jobs out there. Most people just can't deal with rejection and a myriad of other BS that sales entails.

Also, I'm not a fan of salespeople in general.

Have you tried it and what were your thoughts? Are you still in it? Is sales a career like entertainment? Not a lot of longevity that I've seen.

Hey brother.

I work in Sales for a big bank here in Toronto called Cibc.

I’m in the mortgage department and I’ve been doing this for 1.5 years.

I am the top salesman in my department. I killed it last year in 2017 I earned 111k canadian which is about 85-90k USD. That’s probably peanuts to the guys in the USA but I’m only 29 so it’s a decent amount of money here.

The job sucks and the managers belittle us and have little respect for us, but I’m just trying to earn a buck until i figure out my future in the next 6 months and buy a second Condo.

I work about 50 hours a week and I’m exhausted but it’s not easy climbing the ladder in this country.

My motto is, life isn’t easy and you gotta make lemonade.

(Also I get a decent amount of poon)

That authenticity shines through and defiantly makes me a lot happier whenever I buy something. I can't handle some phoney trying to upsell me on something or holding me hostage until I make a purchase. Whenever I get a pressure sales vibe i leave.
I noticed pretty early on that I didn't need much if any heroics to have an excellent bottom line. Being myself worked for me!

Plus, it pays to think long term in my business. I would often suggest a lower priced option and sometimes another business if I thought they were better suited to a client's needs. I believe it earned me not just points but respect.

A lot of my clients became regulars and even friends. When I left, many of them went with me. I've told a fair number of people to fuck off when I felt doing business with them would compromise my personal integrity. I don't think the slimeballs last.

I used to go door to door selling Siding and Windows for houses, I hated it but the $$$ wasn’t bad and I was taking a lot of pain killers at the time so that made things easier.

I've never heard anyone say sales is pretty easy. What do you sell?
Cars. I'm an internet sales manager and do F and I at a car dealership. With the internet most people do the research before arriving. I just act like a normal human being. Sure I might compliment them on things I really don't care about like the NFL hat they are wearing or their color choice. But mostly I'm just there to answer any questions and keep the process moving until they are signing papers. I get a lot of people that I may have written off coming back a couple of weeks later when they are ready to buy . Most say they went somewhere else where the salesman didn't talk to them like anything other than a sale and just tried getting them to sign on the first car they looked at.

I had a good boss who walked me through the process of a sale when I first started.

Hey brother.

I work in Sales for a big bank here in Toronto called Cibc.

I’m in the mortgage department and I’ve been doing this for 1.5 years.

I am the top salesman in my department. I killed it last year in 2017 I earned 111k canadian which is about 85-90k USD. That’s probably peanuts to the guys in the USA but I’m only 29 so it’s a decent amount of money here.

The job sucks and the managers belittle us and have little respect for us, but I’m just trying to earn a buck until i figure out my future in the next 6 months and buy a second Condo.

I work about 50 hours a week and I’m exhausted but it’s not easy climbing the ladder in this country.

My motto is, life isn’t easy and you gotta make lemonade.

(Also I get a decent amount of poon)
I love your attitude Steve. YOu have a sales mentality of success.

Back