Has anyone tried Llyod Irving's Pilates for Grappler?

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by Trickster***, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Trickster***

Trickster*** Banned Banned

The Missing Link In Your Grappling Training!

I think Llyod is a very legit BJJ, Judo and Sambo practitioner and teacher, however, we also all know that his marketing is 85% bullshit. So I'm curious if anyone has bought this package and if so has it worked for them??

2. I Shoot Doubles

I Shoot Doubles Blue Belt

zomg i want thisssss

3. Lopes

Lopes The Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah

I think your girlfriend wants it more.

4. Cardio King

Cardio King Blue Belt

I think pilates would help Jius more than Wrestlers or Judoka.

5. batman69

batman69 Purple Belt

i feel like a junk food addict when it comes to threads about mr.irving. i know i shouldn't eat the whole pint of ice cream in one sitting, since i'll have to be on the rowing machine longer the next day. i know i shouldn't read these threads, because no matter what there's never a solid review or goddamn answer to any of these questions without pages and pages of crap being flung, which now includes me.

except for the grappling blueprint i can't think of one thread that has had a straight up review of a product or service from the grappling renegade. argh, that's it fuckers now i'm going to have to go eat the pint of ice cream that's sitting in my freezer.

6. Trickster***

Well....you fat fuck, I feel your pain! :icon_chee and I know, I dont like the Llyod Irving threads either for the same reason but Im not gonna lie I wouldn't mind Ryan Hall's flexiblity

So the questions still stands.....is it worth buying this shit, sitting on my living floor and strecthing like god damn ho-mo 20 mins a day?

7. ijustwannasurf

ijustwannasurf Brown Belt

There was a thread about this last month in the equipment forum, and the general consensus was that your girlfriends $30 pilates DVD works just as well as this obscenely expensive program

not gonna lie- I've been known to do pilates On Demand.

8. Trickster***

Really? You do pilates? What guy would even THINK about doing pilates?
    ::cough:: Ghey! ::cough:: :D

Thanks for the info!

9. PhillyD45

PhillyD45 Orange Belt

My coach for catch has also been taking yoga for years. Half of the streches we do to start class are yoga streches that both strech and strengthen (similar to pilates).
    I have to say it does work. It works to the point I was thinking about taking one of the yoga classes.

I don't know what that guys pilates program costs but I bet you can find some streches on youtube that would be functional for grappling so you can save a few bucks.

10. Trickster***

A guy I work with (we will keep his sexual orientation out of this but Im sure you could guess) keeps asking me to go to yoga with him and I would go but its on Tuesday nights and my no-gi class is Tuesday nights and I don't like missing no-gi! Im sure I could find some videos on youtube of yoga and pilates stretches

11. Wrestleben

Wrestleben Brown Belt

Like someone will admit to either purchasing a Lloyd Irvin video, or doing pilates.

I'm sure people here have done both.

12. birdbones

birdbones Orange Belt

13. irc

irc Brown Belt

I don't know about pilates, but I can tell you that yoga will improve your game. Period.

14. damit2hell

damit2hell Guest

im pretty sure Rickson does Yoga.... and he can armbar any of you

15. batman69

batman69 Purple Belt

i knew it, there is still no actual review of the product. my advice other than not opening lloyd irving threads like i do all the time, or eating pints of ice cream in one sitting which i do very rarely these days(not to be all femmy about it, but i'm not some fat fuck, i just have a hard time eating ice cream in moderation.). back to my advice. go on ebay and find a few yoga dvd's on flexibility and buy one of those. or join a local yoga studio, the added bonus there that there are more women than men doing it, so you'll have something cool to watch while learning yoga.

16. Cardio King

Cardio King Blue Belt

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Learn it, fucker.

17. spirez

spirez Purple Belt

I cant imagine that there's anything groundbreaking in there to be honest. I'd say just buy a yoga/pilates book/dvd and focus on the hip stretches.

After all, he must have learned the moves from another source. If you understand the movements of the sport and the way to stretch to improve those movements then you're all set.