Has anyone seen the 3 john hackleman workouts, in the new Fighters only issue?

MMA since 1993

Reaction score
Here are the workouts

#1 The poor mans workout

The goal: do as many rounds as you can manage in 20 min. record the number you completed and better it the following week

Warm up: jog 800m at a slow steady pace then do 10 pushups, 10 lunges, 10 lie ups and 10 sprawls, rest 2 min and stretch

The workout:
- 100m flat out sprint
- 20 hard and fast punches on the heavy bag
- 10 sprawls
- 10 wall ball shots

Workout #2 the powerbuilding circuit

The goal: finish this circuit in the shortest time possible, take rest periods as and when you need them but remember the less rest you take the fitter you'll be.

Warmup:Jog 800m at a slow steady pace then do 10 pushups, 10 lunges, 10 lie ups and 10 sprawls, rest 2 min and stretch

The Workout:
- row 800m
- 10 alternating right and left kicks to heavy bag
- 10 chin ups
- 10 alternating right and left kicks to heavy bag
- 15 push ups
- 20 box jumps
- 50 hard and fast punches on the heavy bag
- 15 wall ball shots
- row 800 meters
- 10 lunges on each leg
- 10 sprawls

Workout #3 The endurance builder :

The goal:you'll build stamina to keep training by pushing your muscles to the brink of their abilities. Finish this if you can, taking no more than 20 seconds rest between exercises.

Warm up:Row 800m at slow steady pace then do 10 pushups, 10 lunges, 10 lie ups and 10 sprawls, rest for 20 min and stretch.

The workout:

- 1km run
- 15 thrusters
- 800m run
- 10 lunges on each leg
- 30 alternating leg kicks to the bag
- 15 pushups
- 600m run
- 15 wall ball shots
- 40 hard and fast punches on heavy bag
- 10 box jumps
- 400m run
- 10 sprawls
- 10 lie ups
- 200m run
- 8 overhand chinups
- 50 alternating leg kicks to the bag

Ok that was alot and these workouts look awesome and grueling at the same time. But i have a few questions.

- In the 1st workout, how can i follow it and do as many Rnds as i can if i can't sprint the 100m at the track, then immediately do the rest since for me the track is kinda far.

- The 2nd workout calls for a row machine, i don't have one so what can i do to substitute that excercise.

- The 3rd workout is the one that is the most difficult since it calls for long runs followed immediately by kicking or punching the bag, but like i said before the closest track for me is not that close, so what can i do to substitute the runs. that way i can keep the instensity and momentum going.

Thanks in advance.

nein_owl.jpg

Are these the workouts that finally got Chuck to lose the gut?

Or was it this one?

Well the above video includes a hacksmith... which is never a good thing. I say the workout he did right after the video was shot, which included a tub full of money from reebok, handfuls of coke and that chick with her lady friends was what finally got his gut.

Back