Has anyone seen ANY evidence of a signed bout agreement from Conor?

He didn't sign the Aldo bout agreement until 24 hours before the fight took place. I was told this by a senior member of the MMA media whom I occasionally chatted to back in the day. He said Dana and Conor weren't on speaking terms. He is a hard negotiator. Wouldn't surprise me if the financials are still not fully resolved.

You can't honestly believe Conor had nothing signed until 24 hours before the fight.......

But there has to be a motive behind you asking this question. It seems like you’re too embarrassed to say what you really think.
I said the motive. A friend asked me if we know it's really on. I said yeah, it's announced and there's a promo. My friend showed my Conor's IG page and said "it doesn't look like he knows he's fighting". I started like you all did, lol'ing at him. He asked if it was signed or in discussions. I said the promo was out. He was clear that his question was not "is there a promo?" but "is the fight actually signed on both ends prior to this promo?"

I couldn't confirm or deny. So I looked it up. Couldn't find that anyone said there was signed paperwork. Dana said "we got it done" but that's as close as I've heard about a bout agreement being signed and figured I'd ask so I can say "Well Dana claimed to have signed paperwork in x interview" but that's not the case.

So I'll go back with "no word on signed paperwork but Dana said it's done and they're running promos" - pretty much where I started with him. This was an attempt to go back with more. Do I personally believe the fight is off? Of course not. Why would I? I also haven't seen anyone say that either, right?

I can only do like half these idiots and assume it's on because the UFC says it's on. But if I could have located an interview or a source, a reporter, anything that says "Conor apparently signed the paperwork" I would have gone back to my friend and said no matter what Conor's IG page shows he seems to have signed.

I don't even have an IG account for this to have come from me. But I wouldn't tell my non-SD friend to sign up here on SD and expose himself to you savages for the sake of one question - so I asked for him. And I anticipated obv getting nonsense back in return and I don't mind it - but I guess I also expected some level headed answers and just didnt' get much of that.

And now I have a tin hat and I don't believe Conor exists. I apparently think he's CGI.

It's actually funny. You guys are like little piranhas..... it's usually good stuff....

You really honestly think UFC is promoting a fight date and main event, and both fighters, the media, and UFC itself hadn't bothered to even get the fighters to sign anything?

TS. The above point really needs to be stressed. You need to ask yourself how and why you didn't already think of this. You might want to see a doctor.

I've read that in the past, Mcgregor waited till the last moment to sign bout agreements, to maintain leverage with the UFC. Verbal agreement, yes. If he has put pen to paper yet. Maybe.

adead8dc-3bd2-416d-abb6-588cef159e9d-jpeg.434571

You need a WWE style contract signing ceremony?

Maybe we can have Ceremonial Contact Signings too!

He didn't sign the Aldo bout agreement until 24 hours before the fight took place. I was told this by a senior member of the MMA media whom I occasionally chatted to back in the day. He said Dana and Conor weren't on speaking terms. He is a hard negotiator. Wouldn't surprise me if the financials are still not fully resolved.
Interesting. This is actually a response, not an "I don't know so I'll insult you" response.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are still trying to work out hte pay either, which is why it doesn't sound utterly unrealistic to me that it's not yet signed.

Even if it's not yet signed that does NOT mean it won't be! So I'm not doubting the fight is on - I'm asking if it's signed.

Most ppl on SD can't make the distinction and the urge to insult is right there so they just kneejerk reach. And I can lol at that. But it's not helping me in my question is all.

I've read that in the past, Mcgregor waited till the last moment to sign bout agreements, to maintain leverage with the UFC. Verbal agreement, yes. If he has put pen to paper yet. Maybe.
Here come the actual thinking folk. Thank you!

That's what I said - I would not personally be suprised if they made that promo off of a verbal commitment. And I'm leaning more and more to that MIGHT be the case.

Does it mean the fight is off? No, not by a long shot.

But this is sherdog.....

Even the scrubs call Dana’s bluffs nowadays. No way would either of these two get strong-armed by his bully tactics and keep silent imo.
If he's negotiating $ he won't say much to the media until they get that piece right and he can sign on to fight.

So my current belief is they've got a verbal from Conor but I'm just not sure they've progressed as far as a signed agreement. And Conor refusing to talk about it or post about it only adds fuel to that idea.

But to ppl who don't think beyond a certain point it's a tin foil situation. I can dig it. Different equipment for different journeys. Better them than me I guess.

Interesting. This is actually a response, not an "I don't know so I'll insult you" response.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are still trying to work out hte pay either, which is why it doesn't sound utterly unrealistic to me that it's not yet signed.

Even if it's not yet signed that does NOT mean it won't be! So I'm not doubting the fight is on - I'm asking if it's signed.

Most ppl on SD can't make the distinction and the urge to insult is right there so they just kneejerk reach. And I can lol at that. But it's not helping me in my question is all.

Just ignore the people who toss out personal abuse. There are lots of people on here who can't be bothered to read a post but spend time searching for a 'Didn't Read' GIF. Very strange.

Flex your internet muscles elsewhere. Thanks.
sorry my old friend, it's just that retarded threads like this used to be insta wastelanded and the TS would have been slapped with yellows for an obvious subtle questioning of a fighters courage...
Since that doesn't happen any more it's up to us posters to make sure idiotic threads like this get called out... judging by people's response I am certainly not the only person calling him a retarded person

I'm sure Conor is in a training camp and flew Lockhart to Dublin to prepare his meals but he has yet to sign the contract to fight...

Here come the actual thinking folk. Thank you!

That's what I said - I would not personally be suprised if they made that promo off of a verbal commitment. And I'm leaning more and more to that MIGHT be the case.

Does it mean the fight is off? No, not by a long shot.

But this is sherdog.....

I honestly can't see the UFC puuting in the promotion work, the venue, everything that goes into a fight card only on the verbal agreement of a fighter for the main event.

Just ignore the people who toss out personal abuse. There are lots of people on here who can't be bothered to read a post but spend time searching for a 'Didn't Read' GIF. Very strange.
It's like they are personally threatened if I ask if this is just a verbal or if it's signed.

Conspiracy, tin foil... suddenly I'm denying the fight is on.... I'm denying the existence of the god man conor.... it gets ridic but this is Sherdog.

I'm sure they got a verbal if they ran the promo but I don't have reason to believe it's signed. And I consider that sober thinking, personally.

NOT popular shit on SD!

Conor hasn't said he's fighting Khabib. He hasn't said he signed a bout agreement.

Khabib hasn't said Conor signed a bout agreement.

Dana hasn't said Conor signed a bout agreement.

We have pressure tactics in the form of one promo vid from the UFC. We have pressure tactics in the form of Conor being dead silent on the matter in the media.

The projected date is a month away and we have zero confirmation, as far as I can tell.

Am i mistaken and somewhere someone has confirmed this fight is signed??

I believe Conor is holding out for crazy money, 20 mill or something stupid and the UFC is trying to force his hand by putting out a video. But apart from negotiation tactics, has anyone confirmed this fight is actually signed already?

Jesus f*cking Christ!!! Stay in school kids.

<{CMPALM}><{cruzshake}>

I honestly can't see the UFC puuting in the promotion work, the venue, everything that goes into a fight card only on the verbal agreement of a fighter for the main event.
I can respect your view. When it comes to Conor I can DEF see them doing that. Apparently they've done it with him before, with Aldo.

You just have a different kind of faith or expectation of them than I do.

But for the record, I do think the fight will go down on that date. I just am not sure it's yet signed is all.

Conor hasn't said he's fighting Khabib. He hasn't said he signed a bout agreement.

Khabib hasn't said Conor signed a bout agreement.

Dana hasn't said Conor signed a bout agreement.

We have pressure tactics in the form of one promo vid from the UFC. We have pressure tactics in the form of Conor being dead silent on the matter in the media.

The projected date is a month away and we have zero confirmation, as far as I can tell.

Am i mistaken and somewhere someone has confirmed this fight is signed??

I believe Conor is holding out for crazy money, 20 mill or something stupid and the UFC is trying to force his hand by putting out a video. But apart from negotiation tactics, has anyone confirmed this fight is actually signed already?

They could not put tickets on sale without a bout agreement

The question is simple - has anyone seen or heard anyone say that Conor signed a bout agreement? I think the answer is no. You can add any conspiracies you want to this but the question is pretty straightforward.

Conor's IG page has nothing about any Khabib fight. I know we all want to see this and I'm not saying it's not done just because nobody confirmed Conor has signed an agreement. I'm not saying it's done or not done. I'm saying I saw a promo for it like you all did.

I'm just trying to find whether or not I missed where somebody said Conor actually signed. And it looks like the answer is no.

Thx,

Tickets are sold out for the fight already and its on the UFC website, you dipshit lmao

sorry my old friend, it's just that retarded threads like this used to be insta wastelanded and the TS would have been slapped with yellows for an obvious subtle questioning of a fighters courage...
Since that doesn't happen any more it's up to us posters to make sure idiotic threads like this get called out... judging by people's response I am certainly not the only person calling him a retarded person
Questioning of a fighter's courage???

Is there a signed agreement is questioning a fighter's courage. Ay man, stay on the meds. What kind of ppl do you associate with in real life to have such a fucking delusional stance on communication?

Sorry man - you're actually fucked up.

If he's negotiating $ he won't say much to the media until they get that piece right and he can sign on to fight.

So my current belief is they've got a verbal from Conor but I'm just not sure they've progressed as far as a signed agreement. And Conor refusing to talk about it or post about it only adds fuel to that idea.

But to ppl who don't think beyond a certain point it's a tin foil situation. I can dig it. Different equipment for different journeys. Better them than me I guess.
I don’t disagree with you or hate your op. I think there is absolutely a possibility you could be dead-on, that’s why I wrote ‘imo’. I think most people are attacking you because they don’t want you to be right, because everyone wants this fight. It’s an emotional bunch around here and a lot of people are easily triggered into launching insults in one thread, while putting a triggered gif in a different thread.

Back