Has anyone read Steve Scott's books?

greenarrow

White Belt
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has ready any of Steve Scott's books? Specifically, the Armlock Encyclopedia, Championship Sambo, and the Throws and Takedowns book? What did you guys think of them? Thanks.

yeah I got armlock encyclopedia, chokes and strangles, ground fighting pins and takedowns and throws and takedowns

they are short and concise with the techniques and list a great number of them. but I got the pocket/soft cover version and perhaps that is not the best for a book about grappling. you want big detailed pictures and these are not, not many angles etc erc, it is definitly not from a BJJ perspective and many of the techniques are shown without any set up or description about in which situation they might occur.

I find it kinda funny that he heavily advocates airchokes over blood chokes to

I have championship sambo. Not a fan. Low quality images, strange terminology, poor set ups and description...

We need you to write the comprehensive book on Sambo that doesn't seem to be out there, Sambosteve!

I think his books are best as reveiw material once a techinque has already been learned.

We need you to write the comprehensive book on Sambo that doesn't seem to be out there, Sambosteve!

Damn skippy. A book of Sambo takedowns and leglocks would sell like hotcakes. Samosteve and Reilly Bodycomb have got to bust one out for kids like me who have no sambo players in the zip code.

Back