Has Anyone Here Ever Been KOed???

I was stopped on cuts twice but never dropped or KO'd in over 60 fights amateur & pro.

My chin & my durability were what I was known for. That's how I was able to get so many jobs sparring with the best fighters in & around my weight class. I was a walk-in banger who provided non-stop pressure, I threw a lot of punches & I could take a lot of punches. So I got a lot of work.

In retrospect, however, I'd have focused more on my own career rather than helping others get ready for their fights. It paid well & I'd sometimes get to fight on the undercards but there were some drawbacks & missed opportunities because of it as well. But, then again, those were once in a lifetime opportunities working with the fighters that I did. So, I've got no regrets.

My first really big-time gig working for a superstar fighter was with Hector Camacho.
View attachment 787443

And my last was about 15 years later when I worked with Shane Mosley.
View attachment 787444

Always great to hear about your career

No, but my worst was from head butting someone. he was out cold and I was laying in the garden next to him, I ended up with a mild concussion. I even wrote a thread about it "I think I kilt a man...".

Nope

But I've been knocked down, that was weird. I was fighting standing next thing I know it looked like when you take a camera recording footage and it falls out of your hands to the floor. I was like "WTF, why are the lights and everything sideways?"

weird seems to be plenty of videos of wonderboy, and sensei seth doing very well controlled head kicks during light sparring sessions

the story bad mojo told however seems like that guy didnt have enough training to do it safely...either he got really lucky getting a foot that high or he went some where just long enough to learn how to do it, but not long enough to learn how to control it.
They throw the kicks fast? everything should be at full speed

One person told me the KO or Knockdown punch feels like they barely touched you

I haven't been knocked unconscious but I did have a fight stopped once because I was trying to throw back, but in reality I was just eating heavy shots. If the fight hadn't been stopped when it was, no question I would have been knocked out.

Been choked unconscious 4 or 5 times in training.

Never out cold, but I've gotten my Bell Rung a couple of times. I still have ringing in one of my ears to this day.

About a month ago was the first time I got dropped. I was sparring and my partner was throwing a couple spinning back kicks that I kept blocking or moving away from. At some point he looked like he wanted to spin but had second thoughts as his feet were placed as if he was going to, so I decided to move forward and throw punches. As I stepped forward he threw a spinning back fist but because I was so close he ended up doing a spinning back elbow instead lmao

It hit me flush on the jaw and I dropped like a sack of potatoes into turtle position. I don’t remember how I fell so I assume I got flash knocked down but I was fully conscious while turtled but severely dazed. It was the first time I lost control of my legs/body after getting hit and feeling dazed like that.

I ended up sparring like 2 more rounds after that but i probably shouldn’t have. My jaw hurt like shit for a week and actually even now if I press on it a certain way it hurts

I got choked out in BJJ about 3 times in training and once in competition lol. The first time was super freaky but the other times weren’t so bad although embarrassing.

Close to a couple of times, I'm guessing anaesthetic doesn't count lol.

Almost Guillotined to unconsciousness, may have even gone out not certain..

Surprise Baseball bat round the back of head followed by a knee to the nose made my legs stop working for a minute. Not unconscious though.

I was never out cold. I got caught with a pretty hard uppercut once in sparring. I remember that everything started to move like in slow motion. Suddenly it was like someone chopped my legs off, I fell and when I wanted to stand up again I felt extremely dizzy.

I have once. It was a sparring accident when I was 16 years old. I wasn't sleeping but my vision was gone and I couldn't move.

I was sparring with my trainer who was far superior than me in the art of fighting, and he was letting me get off bit. One move he was very well known for was a spinning back kick. He would turn and throw it high in a sweeping motion, usually as a counter attack.

Anyway as I said he was letting me get off so I started to get a little comfortable and pressured him. I saw him ducking away and kept throwing punches. then I saw him setting me up for the kick but it was too late. I knew I could not block it and it hit me square on the chin. I could feel my teeth clank together and for a split second I thought to myself, I ate that shit like nothing.

Next thing you know, my ass slammed to the floor and it felt like my legs were in the air lol. As I said I wasn't sleeping. I was aware, but this had never happened to me before. I said, "I think you knocked me out" "I can't see." I could hear everyone talking to me but my vision was blurred for at least a minute.

I guess it was a very mild concussion, as I don't recall any headaches afterwards.
Anyway I know most of you are undefeated physical specimen, whom which no one would dare challenge, but for the real ones who spar and/fight tell me about your experience.

I once KOed myself and i was out cold for +- 2 mins(brutal headache for +- 3days) but i really dont want to talk about this...<45>

Lol you brought it up. Now we need you to explain!

My english is too bad to describe this pathetic story , but simply - i was very drunk on random houseparty and i thought that i was opening the toilet door, but it was a cellar door with long concrete stairs and i made step(so dark didnt see anything) ....so pathetic and embrassing <45>

Last edited:
I was stopped on cuts twice but never dropped or KO'd in over 60 fights amateur & pro.

My chin & my durability were what I was known for. That's how I was able to get so many jobs sparring with the best fighters in & around my weight class. I was a walk-in banger who provided non-stop pressure, I threw a lot of punches & I could take a lot of punches. So I got a lot of work.

In retrospect, however, I'd have focused more on my own career rather than helping others get ready for their fights. It paid well & I'd sometimes get to fight on the undercards but there were some drawbacks & missed opportunities because of it as well. But, then again, those were once in a lifetime opportunities working with the fighters that I did. So, I've got no regrets.

My first really big-time gig working for a superstar fighter was with Hector Camacho.
View attachment 787443

View attachment 787444

I was never Ko'd in all my fights, but man I got dropped a lot always from body shots. I was TKO'd from body shots two or three times. I think it was always liver shots, though one was a kidney punch that my corner pleaded was illegal (I didn't care I was off pissing blood). Never dropped from shots to the head. I would say in fights I got dropped by body shots around 11 - 18 times over 17 years competing as an amateur in boxing and Muay Thai.

Dropped with quite a few body shots over the years.

Never been KO'd in sparring.

But I do remember getting dazed by a head kick first time I got back to the gym after a lay-off from injury. The guy was a heavyweight whereas I was a lightweight - I didn't see the head kick coming.

I remember my vision going a bit blurry and feeling a bit dumb. A bit like when you spin around and eventually get dizzy but feeling dumb/slow after. I don't recall feeling any pain or anything either.

It was probably a mild concussion don't remember having headaches after - and I do remember exactly what happened.

I remember some sparring partners telling me after that he was the local gym hero.

I was a walk-in banger who provided non-stop pressure, I threw a lot of punches & I could take a lot of punches. So I got a lot of work.

Do you have any tape ?

Also I can relate, at my own level, to your experience.
I was the guy in the gym who stays fight ready, skilled and will jump in the office any and all time with anyone. Tall guy who can stick n move or work inside but generally a skill guy who won’t drain you. Everybody had to get in with me.

Had so much fun being a “gym champ” (and life) that I barely paid attention to what I should’ve been doing competitively.
I’ve had like 25 amateur fights but considering I’ve been training for about 18 years (with a 3 year gap in between) that’s jack shit.

But I’ve put in hundreds of rounds with state / national champs. UFC fighters and a DREAM champion. Kickboxing / Muay Thai legends. Been part of their camps. Trained around the world, learned different styles, fought in front of 5 thousand people once (early undercard though). Won the Golden Gloves (State) and State too (not US).
So objectively, did good, in a way, but I feel like I really wasted my time (I’m 40 now). Never went to the Nationals because i qualified but passed on it for work and figured I’ll just go next year....lol. That one really sticks in my craw.

Should’ve had a lot more fights with a lot more big tournament wins. Guys I worked in the gym went on to medal in the State and Nationals, whilst I stayed in the gym just being too much in the moment and enjoying putting that work on them.

Gym warrior just doesn’t have that ring to it.
Fuck.

Last edited:
no i feel i was flash knocked out when i was 16 sparring a older pro boxer who hit me with a uppercut when i was in the clinch

View attachment 787443

View attachment 787444

my coaches son fought hector

I’m a 5’7 flyweight and I was hard sparring a 6’4 moroccan guy to help get him ready for the brazilian TKD championship. He went for a jumping spinning back kick to the body like Uriah Hall does and hit me right under the nose because I’m a tiny boi lol. Only time I’ve been rocked like that, but he didn’t put me out.

Back