Has Anyone Here Ever Been KOed???

GoshiShun17

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I have once. It was a sparring accident when I was 16 years old. I wasn't sleeping but my vision was gone and I couldn't move.

I was sparring with my trainer who was far superior than me in the art of fighting, and he was letting me get off bit. One move he was very well known for was a spinning back kick. He would turn and throw it high in a sweeping motion, usually as a counter attack.

Anyway as I said he was letting me get off so I started to get a little comfortable and pressured him. I saw him ducking away and kept throwing punches. then I saw him setting me up for the kick but it was too late. I knew I could not block it and it hit me square on the chin. I could feel my teeth clank together and for a split second I thought to myself, I ate that shit like nothing.

Next thing you know, my ass slammed to the floor and it felt like my legs were in the air lol. As I said I wasn't sleeping. I was aware, but this had never happened to me before. I said, "I think you knocked me out" "I can't see." I could hear everyone talking to me but my vision was blurred for at least a minute.

I guess it was a very mild concussion, as I don't recall any headaches afterwards.
Anyway I know most of you are undefeated physical specimen, whom which no one would dare challenge, but for the real ones who spar and/fight tell me about your experience.

Once in a bar fight. Guy got me good from behind my back. Dont really remember how it felt, because i was drunk af.
Never in sparring, even tho i have been dropped multiple times ofc.

Concussed like 15 times, but never KO'd somehow. I'd probably be better off if I had been.

I’m undefeated obviously as all real Sherdoggers are

But for real I was sparring once and gassed bad and it was only light sparring and it felt a lot worse when I was hit. In a real situation I woulda been fucked. Major props to pro fighters who are able to survive those situations

Never by a punch, but I did get dropped on my head in wrestling and was knocked out in high school. I too am a can.

It was weird. I saw a white fuzzy vision, kind of like what old school TVs had when nothing was on it, for what seemed like a second and then I woke up with my coaches and trainer around me. I guess I was out for a few minutes, but it felt like just a second to me.

Sherbros are keyboard tough guys. They don't get into real fights. They'd have to leave their parents basements for that to happen....C'mon man!

tenor.gif

Only from the booze

Not knocked out but heavily stunned. I was just sparring with a friend in high school (gentleman’s agreement) and I went for a TD but the guy knew me in the forehead. Luckily no cut but it took 10 mins to get back to normal.

We always had head gear, so never went to sleep, but i got dropped, the ugliest ones are the straights you eat when you throw a kick, like someone would pull the carpet below your legs

Twice, way back in my youth. Once they brought special police unit in our gym to spar with us, mostly teenagers and early 20s. This huge guy throws a high kick right on my left temple, KOed stiff. The other time my own brother throws a wild knee and actually cracks my skull a bit. I don't even remember it, but I went to sleep for a few moments then got up. While he was making sure I'm ok, I blast him with an uppercut, completely unaware of what I was doing. We were both bloodied up like some horror movie scene. Good times.

Anyone who throws headkick in sparring, let alone a spinning hook kick, is a fuckin ass.

It's almost impossible to control even if you're wonderboy. It can do serious damage.

I have been drop to the body 2 times in my life. I got flash knockdowned once because I ran straight into a right hand when I started MT.

I've had several concussion but never was actually ko'd in martial arts. I did hit my head on the concrete while skateboarding when I was young. I got up an fell down a few seconds later doing the stanky leg.

Yeah, I'm gonna knock my self out this night too. All you need is the right medicine.

But years ago some guy hit me to the back of my head and I couldn't see for like 5 seconds but I was still there.

I was stopped on cuts twice but never dropped or KO'd in over 60 fights amateur & pro.

My chin & my durability were what I was known for. That's how I was able to get so many jobs sparring with the best fighters in & around my weight class. I was a walk-in banger who provided non-stop pressure, I threw a lot of punches & I could take a lot of punches. So I got a lot of work.

In retrospect, however, I'd have focused more on my own career rather than helping others get ready for their fights. It paid well & I'd sometimes get to fight on the undercards but there were some drawbacks & missed opportunities because of it as well. But, then again, those were once in a lifetime opportunities working with the fighters that I did. So, I've got no regrets.

My first really big-time gig working for a superstar fighter was with Hector Camacho.
20200729_164240.jpg

And my last was about 15 years later when I worked with Shane Mosley.
20200729_180832.jpg

yep sparring in the dojo, jose another one of the black belts caught me on the neck pretty sure right on the carotid artery. i remember the hit, next thing i knew i was on the floor, and stood right back up, couldn't have been down for long because there was barely a reaction by the time i came to (either that or no one loves me and thus had no reaction to my lights going out)

Last edited:
Anyone who throws headkick in sparring, let alone a spinning hook kick, is a fuckin ass.

It's almost impossible to control even if you're wonderboy. It can do serious damage.

I have been drop to the body 2 times in my life. I got flash knockdowned once because I ran straight into a right hand when I started MT.

I've had several concussion but never was actually ko'd in martial arts. I did hit my head on the concrete while skateboarding when I was young. I got up an fell down a few seconds later doing the stanky leg.
weird seems to be plenty of videos of wonderboy, and sensei seth doing very well controlled head kicks during light sparring sessions

the story bad mojo told however seems like that guy didnt have enough training to do it safely...either he got really lucky getting a foot that high or he went some where just long enough to learn how to do it, but not long enough to learn how to control it.

Back