Has anyone finished the google Rubik's Cube?

shonuf

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
https://www.google.com/logos/2014/rubiks/rubiks.html

there's a moves counter on the bottom left.

CubeDoodleKeyboardShortcuts.png

Last edited:
Book marked for later. I'm sure it's the same algorithm.

Its a pain in the ass to move it. I can never solve them anyways, I can get the first two levels and usually the x on the bottom, but cant seem to figure out how to move the final corner pieces into place without screwing everything else up.

Edit: Once you get the hang of where to click, its not too hard to move it. So much for getting anything else done at work today.

Nope. The only one I could ever do was Rubik's Magic.

Did it a few times when I was a kid with the actual Rubiks Cube, just had a go on this one and it's annoying the crap out of me. I used to be far more patient as a child apparently.

my ex memorized the formula to do it under a minute, once i learned that its memorization and not problem solving, i didnt want to play anymore

It took me 15 minutes, that's how much time I had at work mwhahaha

Can you take the stickers off and put them all back on correctly.

I used to like taking the cube apart as well.

yeah, i had to do it on my phone cuz clicking and dragging was impossible. it took me 6.5 minutes. i can solve an actual 5x5x5 cube faster than that. it takes me about a minute and a half to solve a 3x3x3. my friend teaches hs and his students speed cube, so he started memorizing the more advanced algos. he tried to convince me to do it, too, cuz it'd get me down to about 30 seconds with practice but i'm pretty content with how i do it.

I could only do the original by pulling off the coloured stickers and re-arranging them again.

yeah, i had to do it on my phone cuz clicking and dragging was impossible. it took me 6.5 minutes. i can solve an actual 5x5x5 cube faster than that. it takes me about a minute and a half to solve a 3x3x3. my friend teaches hs and his students speed cube, so he started memorizing the more advanced algos. he tried to convince me to do it, too, cuz it'd get me down to about 30 seconds with practice but i'm pretty content with how i do it.

Fucking show off lol jk

this thing is hard as shit.

Without memorizing anything, what's the strategy to these things?

Without memorizing anything? Magic.

But really, there are a number of ways people solve it. The beginners method is to solve layer by layer. That is, solve one side (most people do the white side first cuz it has the logo), then the second layer (the 4 edge pieces in the middle), then the last layer, which takes longer than the first 2 combined. The last layer can be done a different number of ways, but without knowing algorithms or deriving them yourself, it's pretty much impossible. If I handed someone who doesn't know any algorithms a cube and they solved the first 2 layers on their own, I'd be pretty impressed. It's not impossible, but it requires a lot of messing around until you understand the movement of the cubies, which is why doing it on a computer sucks due to the limitations it has.

Did it in roughly 5 minutes. Would have been quicker but it is a pain in the ass to move.

Without memorizing anything? Magic.

But really, there are a number of ways people solve it. The beginners method is to solve layer by layer. That is, solve one side (most people do the white side first cuz it has the logo), then the second layer (the 4 edge pieces in the middle), then the last layer, which takes longer than the first 2 combined. The last layer can be done a different number of ways, but without knowing algorithms or deriving them yourself, it's pretty much impossible. If I handed someone who doesn't know any algorithms a cube and they solved the first 2 layers on their own, I'd be pretty impressed. It's not impossible, but it requires a lot of messing around until you understand the movement of the cubies, which is why doing it on a computer sucks due to the limitations it has.

Thank you. Unfortunately I ducked out of math asap as a kid. Algebra is the furthest I got. Any way you can verbalize what looking at the cube and applying algorithms looks like? I think I could solve one side as a kid and I messed with this online version for about five minutes and said to myself "Self, you fucking have no Goddamn clue what you're doing here. You've got as much chance of solving this as you do the the remaining Zodiac ciphers."

No way, I'd get frustrated and wanted to throw that plastic thing through a window when I couldn't do it when I was younger.

I can't afford to throw my computer through the window.

Back