Has anyone ever been punched in the throat?

I mean a better question would be is there literally any part of the body you have not seen punched in mma.

One of your main targets is the head, and you wonder if anybody has ever been punched an inch or two below that?

giphy.gif

With Thai gloves so yeah it wasnt pleasant but not as bad as 4oz im sure

They’re illegal same like trying to grab somebody’s trachea.

My kid got punched in the throat with a chess piece at school. The school didn’t give a shit. When I picked him I heard his voice and we rushed to ER and we jumped a line of 70 sick kids. Five days there. This is literally a life threatening move. School shitted itself.

Fucking chess club hooligans. I hope your kid is OK. An you too, being in the hospital with sick or injured kid is incredibly draining. I've paid my dues in the NICU.

They’re illegal same like trying to grab somebody’s trachea.

My kid got punched in the throat with a chess piece at school. The school didn’t give a shit. When I picked him I heard his voice and we rushed to ER and we jumped a line of 70 sick kids. Five days there. This is literally a life threatening move. School shitted itself.
I hope you sued the shit out of those negligent ass holes

Fucking chess club hooligans. I hope your kid is OK. An you too, being in the hospital with sick or injured kid is incredibly draining. I've paid my dues in the NICU.

Well I had a good support network, we did 6-8 hour shifts. He was fine after a couple of hours and the meds, the hospital kept him in just in case.

Teach him about our Just bleed Gods,we need future generations here

I need to sign him up for BJJ again because he was pissing about with fencing until last month. He started with judo at 5, then we did BJJ, then shit happened and after that it was fencing and I decided that was a bunch of rich wankers poncing about (I was a good fencer at school...). He loves pro wrestling if chairs are involved :) He does have a double leg.

He’s fine but his voice changed to Macho Man Randy Savage until he got inflammatory meds. We turned up the hospital and we were literally in ER with a needle within three minutes. I probably should have filed criminal charges against the teacher.
Macho man had an epic voice.

the throat has a pressure point.
it's a dim mak point.

We learnt a good technique in training to target the dim mak point in the throat.

The pressure point is called your throat swelling up from blunt force trauma and suffocating you.

I need to sign him up for BJJ again because he was pissing about with fencing until last month. He started with judo at 5, then we did BJJ, then shit happened and after that it was fencing and I decided that was a bunch of rich wankers poncing about (I was a good fencer at school...). He loves pro wrestling if chairs are involved :) He does have a double leg.
Judo or wrestling would be good,anything basically that will get him skilled.Depends on his ambitions obviusly,training for fun or to be competitive and go for medals etc.
Both will do just fine.

I got into mma basically when chuck fought rampage so I've seen alot but there was also alot before then and I can't recall someone ever getting throat punches. You would think if it happened that the guy would drop like a sack of taters. And lastly is it legal? Would of thought with all the wild punches that a throat would be likely at least once
giphy.gif

Judo or wrestling would be good,anything basically that will get him skilled.Depends on his ambitions obviusly,training for fun or to be competitive and go for medals etc.
Both will do just fine.

Just enough for him to be confident and maybe double leg a big fat bully one day if he needs to.

I got into mma basically when chuck fought rampage so I've seen alot but there was also alot before then and I can't recall someone ever getting throat punches. You would think if it happened that the guy would drop like a sack of taters. And lastly is it legal? Would of thought with all the wild punches that a throat would be likely at least once

Alex Jones punched a guy in the throat and he had a tracheotomy almost died

Please tell me you got this on camera. You're not helping your case. It sounds awesome. Obviously it was temporary.
giphy.gif

I was a bit bothered with driving my kid to ER to film him going OH YEAH. Kid phoned and I did a goddamn Fast & Furious to the school. I think if you search my Sherdog history you could find something on the subject of the chess incident.

About two and half years ago I met my gf and had a throat infection or some shit. I could switch on this voice.

Dude at the club didn’t like my dancing style with my girl and I just went full Kiryu, “I’m not the right man for this conversation. Walk away.”

I don’t bench 900, am not 270lbs ripped and I’m not 6’5”. I’m a little man with some muscles and I can probably fake the voice now but that was a switch I could trigger.

I think it’s highly unlikely to happen in mma. That’s a pretty small target to try to fit in, and youre likely to catch the chin. I see the most likely scenario for getting punched in the throat is blows after a guy is knocked out. Like when Hendo knocked out Bisping and his neck was all stretched out.

Also, standing guys I don’t think would be incapacitated by one wayward punch. On the ground though where it’s trapped on the floor and can’t give with the force

Back