Has anyone ever been punched in the throat?

DaGooch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I got into mma basically when chuck fought rampage so I've seen alot but there was also alot before then and I can't recall someone ever getting throat punches. You would think if it happened that the guy would drop like a sack of taters. And lastly is it legal? Would of thought with all the wild punches that a throat would be likely at least once

The key to finding the chin is to target the throat/neck area.

Matt Mitrione accidently punched Morecraft in the throat when they fought and Morecraft kind of asked for a break but wasn't getting one of course. I remember because Rogan said something along the lines of "I never seen anyone complain about getting punched in the throat before"

often GnP strikes get to the neck because the fighter on his back is moving.
I think in Pride alexander emelianenko (hit by crocop) and crocop (hit by randleman) were on th ereceiving end of such throat strikes

It's not a common thing cause punching someone in the throat with a glove is harder than doing it with a bare hand, but yeah, it's pretty illegal.

its very dangerous. ive been kicked in the throat

Anderson Silva kicked Hendo in the throat with laser beam accuracy.

Anderson Silva kicked Hendo in the throat with laser beam accuracy.

Henderson's elbow to an inert Michael Bisping's throat at the end of their first fight has to be the most memorable instance.

yeah only one time during a slow mo replay Joe Rogan pointed it out "oh he hit him in the throat" (the fighter didnt react to it)

i have no idea what fight it was though

sorry

Ngannou punched Fake Velasquez on the throat After the uppercut, scary.

Édit gif
vw12efqdzcuz.gif

Yes
It sucks.
So does getting punched in the middle of your chest.

I got into mma basically when chuck fought rampage so I've seen alot but there was also alot before then and I can't recall someone ever getting throat punches. You would think if it happened that the guy would drop like a sack of taters. And lastly is it legal? Would of thought with all the wild punches that a throat would be likely at least once

They’re illegal same like trying to grab somebody’s trachea.

My kid got punched in the throat with a chess piece at school. The school didn’t give a shit. When I picked him I heard his voice and we rushed to ER and we jumped a line of 70 sick kids. Five days there. This is literally a life threatening move. School shitted itself.

My kid got punched in the throat with a chess piece at school. The school didn’t give a shit. When I picked him I heard his voice and we rushed to ER and we jumped a line of 70 sick kids. Five days there. This is literally a life threatening move. School shitted itself.
Damn sorry to hear that. Hope he's doing well

This guy might of been punched in the throat. Totally illegal.images.jpeg

You know how some martial arts just show karate shopping someone in the throat on the ground after a throw or something like it's an instant finish? That's not bullshit -- that will actually kill someone.

Damn sorry to hear that. Hope he's doing well

He’s fine but his voice changed to Macho Man Randy Savage until he got inflammatory meds. We turned up the hospital and we were literally in ER with a needle within three minutes. I probably should have filed criminal charges against the teacher.

One time, my little cousin and I were rough housing and he punched me in the throat... I puked right away and started laughing after it all came out. He started crying, I was 9 and he was 7 lol! I was the one that got in trouble?

{<huh}

I didn't punch myself in the throat!? Not my fault he's such a pussy!

he looks like he's mouth raping the other dude. that was a rough spot
Doubt he trains that position in the gym. As Adesnaya says you only go to those place in the octagon because you don't get paid to train.

Back