Has anyone ever attempted the drop kick in an mma fight?

lol

search for the vid I mentioned. 2 fat guys fighting in a cage...the one guy is gassed out on the ground and can't get up...so the other fat guy does a full legit peoples elbow on him.

I'm having trouble finding that. I want to seee.

Off the top of my head is Minowaman, he also did one against that sumo guy and he actually dropped to the floor afterwards, then an orc did it in Lord of the Rings.

OMG I actually remember that from LOTR.

If memory serves me correctly didn't Jon Jones do the Rock bottom to Shogun?

I guess he did

jon-jones-shogun-takedown-ufc-128.gif

As good Ol' JR would say "Rock Bottom! Rock Bottom! Rock Bottom!"

lol

rocky! rocky!

but ye b/c of the mass amount of wrestlers in the ufc, it would not be wise to drop kick. it almost def ensures a TD with a low KO percentage

hmmm, i wouldnt really consider his flying stomps through the air as drop kicks. unless you recall something else?

I thought I remembered him doing it to someone who was sitting on the canvas but I may be thinking of Sudo.

I just noticed now that a picture I have of Bob Sapp doing a dropkick in my MMA photos collection is actually from a pro wrestling bout.... :(

This thread is going places, that peoples elbow video is cash

Any trick that you can use in a certain situation to surprise your opponent with is a plausible trick.

The problem is timing.

I thought I remembered him doing it to someone who was sitting on the canvas but I may be thinking of Sudo.

saku has done a running baseball sliding kick to a ground opponent. lol, im not sure if thats what youre talking about. either way, it was crazy

saku has done a running baseball sliding kick to a ground opponent. lol, im not sure if thats what youre talking about. either way, it was crazy

Yea, I am thinking of him kicking someone in the chest while his opponent is on his ass.

First thing I thought of was O'Haire/Butterbean

Minowa vs Butterbean

MinowaButterbean020Bushido1_display_image.jpg

minowaman-butterbean_display_image.jpg

Also Minowa vs Leko

minowa-dropkick.jpg

bendo is clearly grabbing the cage--is that an infraction if not gaining a defensive benefit from doing so?

It would be if he were grabbing it, but I'm pretty sure he just braced against it when he did this.

2) bendo is clearly grabbing the cage--is that an infraction if not gaining a defensive benefit from doing so?

I remember Frankie catching one of Bendo's kicks and Bendo reacting by leaping and kicking with his other leg.

Back