Has anyone else stopped liking Ronda?

I haven't watched the show beyond the first episode (ironically it was tate who turned me off of the show)

But all this talk has got me to thinking. You know how everyone was claiming ronda and dana were having an affair because (among other things) he said something like "what happened to my opinion of women's mma? Ronda Rousey happened"

Well what if what he really meant was "wow she's winning fights and is one crazy fucking bitch. Cha-ching." Probably had the whole tuf thing in mind when he brought women into the ufc.

I haven't watched the show beyond the first episode (ironically it was tate who turned me off of the show)

But all this talk has got me to thinking. You know how everyone was claiming ronda and dana were having an affair because (among other things) he said something like "what happened to my opinion of women's mma? Ronda Rousey happened"

Well what if what he really meant was "wow she's winning fights and is one crazy fucking bitch. Cha-ching." Probably had the whole tuf thing in mind when he brought women into the ufc.

ronda has charisma love her or hate her. as a promoter dana could sniff that out and definitely thought "cha-ching". he doesnt care if you boo or cheer. if you can fight and fans want to see you its payday after payday

some people just have that star quality

Me. Same way Bisping lost me after he coached against Hendo. I'm tired of the whining and petty BS.

it will all be worth it if the fight ends the same way as hendo v bisping though.

I actually kind of like the Ronda TUF character. Chip on the shoulder, lil' bit insecure, needs attention type of gal. I'd have a few drinks with her, would be fun.

theres a sliver of truth to this but generally speaking all this street fight talk is total bullshit. as if elite mma fighters couldnt incorporate hair pulling, eye gouging, biting, and stomping with ease. lets not pretend these are some mastered techniques these "street fight masters" have perfected. really? this melanson cat has gouged out how many eyes? stomped how many high level fighters? yeah im sure he perfected these techniques on the street with street sparring partners.... think about it

any mma fan or anyone watching a few seasons of TUF knows that these guys go to war perfecting techniques in the gym. all this magical street fight bullshit never gets put in to practice and any superstar street fighter has really only been smashing cans

exactly. That dude would get smoked by hallman. when the gracies created the UFC that was the intention, simulate a street fight (one vs one). Elite fighters would do as great on a fist fight one vs one. that street bla bla bla is bullshit. Just like u said, they never go full mode in gym, while fightesr experience gym and real octagon shit. Fighters don't get killed on the octagon cause this is sport. You take out the referee from there, probably one kill per fight. Thats the reality.

theres a sliver of truth to this but generally speaking all this street fight talk is total bullshit. as if elite mma fighters couldnt incorporate hair pulling, eye gouging, biting, and stomping with ease. lets not pretend these are some mastered techniques these "street fight masters" have perfected. really? this melanson cat has gouged out how many eyes? stomped how many high level fighters? yeah im sure he perfected these techniques on the street with street sparring partners.... think about it

any mma fan or anyone watching a few seasons of TUF knows that these guys go to war perfecting techniques in the gym. all this magical street fight bullshit never gets put in to practice and any superstar street fighter has really only been smashing cans

Let me go ahead and change the words "street fight" to "non sanctioned fight." My point isn't that guys who fight on the street or fight to kill have some magical street fighting power over cage fighters. I was simply trying to say that the notion of UFC fighters being able to beat anyone not in the UFC no matter their size, is total crap. There are plenty of fighters in the world that could hold their own or even win against active UFC fighters and we have never and will never see/hear of these guys. A trained soldier with high level hand to hand combat skills, who trains to kill is going to have an advantage over a high level cage fighter in a non sanctioned fight. Clearly you haven't been done dirty. When your instinct is to grab a guys trachea until he stops breathing vs. trying to put him in a rnc...we are talking about two different worlds here. You think about it

Let me go ahead and change the words "street fight" to "non sanctioned fight." My point isn't that guys who fight on the street or fight to kill have some magical street fighting power over cage fighters. I was simply trying to say that the notion of UFC fighters being able to beat anyone not in the UFC no matter their size, is total crap. There are plenty of fighters in the world that could hold their own or even win against active UFC fighters and we have never and will never see/hear of these guys. A trained soldier with high level hand to hand combat skills, who trains to kill is going to have an advantage over a high level cage fighter in a non sanctioned fight. Clearly you haven't been done dirty. When your instinct is to grab a guys trachea until he stops breathing vs. trying to put him in a rnc...we are talking about two different worlds here. You think about it

Do you trully believe a soldier could take an elite ufc fighter out one vs one n a fist fight?

No i havent stopped liking ronda, but the more i see tate in those yoga pants on TUF the more i like her haha so it is evening itself out

Do you trully believe a soldier could take an elite ufc fighter out one vs one n a fist fight?

its the most retarded comment you could expect for someone to be posting on sherdog. how the fuck can a mma fan not understand the hours of intense training with other great fighters is the only way to be world class

how the fuck could anyone with any mma knowledge think that some soldier could compete with a mma fighter. even rondas head coach who has trained martial arts but not been in a cage fight would get wrecked by ufc caliber cage fighters. how the fuck is that even debatable?

golly gee this guy i play baseball with down at the park smashes home runs all day. im sure hed be better at park baseball than some MLB players if you brought them down to our field

gtfo with this soldier nonesense

Yep, I was a fan, now not anymore. Hope Tate gets the win.

Absolutely. I'm not saying it would be the norm, nor did I say that they could crush elite UFC fighters...but to think that there aren't guys in the special forces out there who are amazing world class fighters, is just ridiculous. Remember what Colton Smith said after he won tuf? He basically said there are tons of guys out there in the Army that he trains with who are better than him. Sure he is trying to be modest and compliment his buddies, but I'm sure there was plenty of truth to it as well

well, for someone to stop liking her would imply that someone actually liked her at a given moment.... :(

No. I've disliked the shit out of her since her pro debut. TUF just made me like Tate/Caraway that much more.

I've never really liked Ronda as a person; that doesn't change the fact that I still would.

Check my posts. Ive hated her from the very beginning.

Glad other people are finally starting to notice what shes like.

Back