has anyone else ever got the short end of the stick as bad as edgar?

thewhiterooster

dana hates sunscreen
@Brown
Reaction score
in the history of the ufc, has anyone else got screwed over by the ufc brass tacks more than frankie edgar? plus he's towed the company line for years and years, and he still gets screwed left n right. i feel for the guy

in the history of the ufc, has anyone else got screwed over by the ufc brass tacks more than frankie edgar? plus he's towed the company line for years and years, and he still gets screwed left n right. i feel for the guy
What ya mean? He's had tons of title shots and was a champ. He can't find conor cuz he just had surgery.

How many title shots has he had? I can't remember if the "Brass" have given him any title shots.

Yeah they really screwed him after handing him a title fight after a loss.

edgar also gets screwed by the judges repeatedly. edgar just gets screwed

He's injured right now. Can't really cry foul on the UFC for that, in terms of him missing this particular opportunity.

Yeah they really screwed him after handing him a title fight after a loss.
You are right but....

IMHO he clearly won the remaatch with benson and the judges srewed him

that´s why he got the 145 TS IMO

I feel like Edgar and his fans will perpetually moan and groan and bitch and whine no matter what.

You are right but....

IMHO he clearly won the remaatch with benson and the judges srewed him

that´s why he got the 145 TS IMO
and the same people bitching about Conor getting a title shot at LW are the same people who didn't say shit when Edgar got the same immediate title shot....I wonder why.

and the same people bitching about Conor getting a title shot at LW are the same people who didn't say shit when Edgar got the same immediate title shot....I wonder why.
fuck people
they are mediocre
they hate the ones with bigger achievements than them

but don´t worry
all those haters will stick to their screens come fight night

Yes, Edgar took a risk that payed off. But usually he fights safe unless he almost gets KO'd. No big deal.

But they wanted to give him this fight but he's injured. The UFC brass takes amazingly good care of Frankie.

1. Won a undeserved first title reign. He should have LOST the first Penn fight.

2. Shouldn't have received a rematch vs Bendo Henderson who beat him clean.

3. Shouldn't have received a title match vs Aldo coming off of two loses in a row.

Edgar was actually one of the luckiest guys ever. He had Frank Mir's lucky horse shoe.

Jon Fitch

Went 8-0 in the UFC to get his first title shot. Lost by decision to GSP and ended up rattling off another 5 wins with no rematch.

Then fought Penn had a draw with him and then got KTFO by JH.

Jon Fitch

Went 8-0 in the UFC to get his first title shot. Lost by decision to GSP and ended up rattling off another 5 wins with no rematch.

Then fought Penn had a draw with him and then got KTFO by JH.
Fitch was the first one that came to my mind. Maybe Okami as well?
All things considered Edgar has had pretty good opportunity/relationship with the UFC.

I like Frankie, and Conor-Frankie is the fight I want to see. However, let's not act like the guy has been shafted his whole career. He was gifted the title against BJ, he got an undeserved title rematch against Benson, and received an immediate title shot at 145. While I agree that Frankie deserves a title shot, he certainly hasn't gotten the short end of the stick during his career.

McGregor

Twice now in less than a year hes been meant to fight for the title and had the champion pull out on him

Lol Edgar deserves all this shit bc he used to do it to others. I remember when Edgar was a LW who couldn't definitively win a fight to save his life. He always had instant rematches that held up the division, & when Benson beat him fair & square he whined for a rematch then. He didn't deserve it but he got it. Then he got an immediate shot at FW. Frankie should have had to work his way back up. Now he's the one waiting for a title shot while the division is held up, like he did to others when he was the champ. This is karma.

Edgar is guaranteed the next title shot at 145, he's in a better position than contenders in other divisions. Yoel is on a longer winning streak and he's probably not fighting for the belt next. Edgar has it good, he's just whiny lately.

BJ got screwed big time in their first fight.

hqg-136.gif

Back