Has anyone competed at a NAGA competition recently?

TheMood

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Last time I did a NAGA competition they allowed same day registration. I was at the competition from 11AM until about 9PM. My nogi division was around 1PM and my gi division was about 8PM. I have not gone to a NAGA in a few years as a result of that day. That was about 3 years ago. I see they do not allow same day registration anymore. Is NAGA more organized now? Do people not spend all day there and are they somewhat on schedule now?

I remember the waiting nightmare lol. Been few years for me too.

The last NAGA I did was about three years ago. There were too many people in the building and the fire marshal came and kicked everyone out. A couple hundred people waited in the cold, in the parking lot, before being let back in. I gave up on NAGA after this.

My last was two years ago and they allowed it. I'm pretty sure they will take anyone with money to pay. The advantage to early registration is day before weigh in, if they still do that.

I did NAGA Worlds in December last year. It was on time and my divisions started right when they were supposed to.

Damn. Didn't know NAGA still ran events.

I did NAGA Worlds in December last year. It was on time and my divisions started right when they were supposed to.

I'm really surprised to hear this. I may just go watch this Saturday to see how things go. If it is more organized then I will give them a chance again.

Back