Has Anyone Come At Conor With a Kick Heavy Attack?

None didn't, but you know that, he earned it after beating Dustin but didn't want to sit out while Aldo fought Mendes especially since there would be a good chance Aldo would be banged up, so to stay active and earn he asked for another fight, wanted Edgar actually but the UFC didn't want to risk it.
Prior to fighting Dustin, Conor wasn't even ranked in the Top 10 and Dustin was #6. You think that is better? At the time of his Title Shot, Conor had never even faced a Top 5 opponent in his career, and had only beaten 1 Top 10 opponent.

What about flying submission attempts? How about Cowboy spam those I haven’t seen Connor successfully guard against those much

Yeah but Mendes wasn't even allowed to train first, lmao.
Which is likely one of the main reasons he agreed to fight a wrestler, at the time. He had taken a lot of shit for only fighting strikers up to that point. That was a W for Mendes, had he had a full camp.

Donald is a legend. Hes had some great fights but let's get real here. He loses to elite fighters. Say.what you will but conor is no average fighter. Dude is one of the best. He will tune donald up and make it look easy. Donald brain farts in big fights. Donald is like a snail in round 1 and folds when pressured. Conor is like lightening in a can in round one and stalks and attacks with reckless abandon. It's not rocket science

Alvarez landed a really good low kick.

I think Siver had the most kick heavy attack against Conor.

If you're going to stand and trade with him (or you're forced to) I've always thought attacking Conor with kicks would be your best bet standing.
Problem is the counter for kicks is usually answering it with a straight. Conor happens to have a very quick hard hitting straight that goes down the pipe. The Siver fight is a great example. Once the kicker is committed to the kick he has no way to defend the straight unless the kick happens to take out the base.

Conor got his title shot off a win over Siver

And won the belt in 13 seconds
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif

I think aldo has some injuries he isn't disclosing his kicks barely exist now.
Drives me nuts watching his fights. I know his boxing is great too, but his kicks are so good it’s frustrating that he doesn’t throw them.

Back