Has Anyone Come At Conor With a Kick Heavy Attack?

BoD 2.0

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I can't think of any fight where Conor was forced to defend against Kicks at all. How will this impact the fight? Cowboy is one of the best kickers in the UFC. Is this being overlooked? And can Cowboy's kicks be the most important factor in this fight?
4.gif

counter%2Bleft%2Bkick.gif

DesertedGlumCoelacanth-size_restricted.gif
giphy.gif

Remember when Dennis siver was thought of as a contender?

Nah me neither.

Last edited:
Because it's Southpaw to Orthodox the power leg body kick is there all night for Cowboy.

Sucks, that the counter to that kick is a Left Straight.

Alvarez tried with the inside calf kick, which actually did compromised Conor's base, but he adjusted mid-fight.

Cerrone's favorite kick is step up outside calf.

I'm sure Aldo would've, but you know....

I think Cerrone is going to knock him out with a Leg Kick to the Head.

Alvarez tried with the inside calf kick, which actually did compromised Conor's base, but he adjusted mid-fight.

Cerrone's favorite kick is step up outside calf.
Came here to say this though to be fair it didn't seem like kicking was really Alvarez' strategy, he just couldn't take Conor down and was getting cracked every time he tried to initiate an exchange so its almost like he kicked at Conor because nothing else was working.

Alvarez landed a really good low kick.

I think Siver had the most kick heavy attack against Conor.

If you're going to stand and trade with him (or you're forced to) I've always thought attacking Conor with kicks would be your best bet standing.

Alvarez landed a really good low kick.

I think Siver had the most kick heavy attack against Conor.

If you're going to stand and trade with him (or you're forced to) I've always thought attacking Conor with kicks would be your best bet standing.

the problem of course being that a good counter straight is the best way to handle an active leg kicker

Alvarez had some success early with low kicks but abandoned them. Could be a useful tool against McGregor but it also opens you up to his best weapon, the straight left. So you can’t throw naked kicks, have to set them up. I’d be interested to see how well this strategy would work if somebody could execute it proficiently.

the problem of course being that a good counter straight is the best way to handle an active leg kicker

There's almost no way around it in an MMA fight with Conor anyways. At least if you're attacking the legs/body it could pay off later in the fight. The only way I see Cerrone winning this fight at all is a comeback victory. The first 8-10 minutes will be all Conor.

There's almost no way around it in an MMA fight with Conor anyways. At least if you're attacking the legs/body it could pay off later in the fight. The only way I see Cerrone winning this fight at all is a comeback victory. The first 8-10 minutes will be all Conor.

I actually think the best shot is the body rather than the legs. Conor has great head movement but when you're swaying your head your body is an open target. It's also a lot harder to counter body shots while you're on the backfoot.

Back