Has anybody ever bought a non HD PPV

I used to watch PPVs in SD 10 to 15+ years ago.

A good 480p image looks pretty good. Before HD, on Bell satellite in Canada, there was very little pixelation, if any. Once HD became common, they reduced the quality of SD. Now all the SD channels look horrible, and it's because of the compressed feed, not the 480p itself.

I've been noticing a lot of pixelation on HD NFL broadcasts too now. I think they're compressing that feed to promote 4k.

I actually did a few years ago but I don't remember exactly why. It was a weird situation. It was beyond unwatchable - could barely tell the fighters apart and this was on a 1080P TV.

Yeah a few years ago. They intentionally made it look crappy to trick people. I watched non-hd channels to save recording space, and because they looked really close to as good, but the UFC ppv was all dark lol. They literally had to mess it up on purpose.

When I used to buy UFC PPV's there was no such thing as HD, did not even exist. A long distance memory since I brought UFC PPV's, its not worth it anymore and I'm not as excited with it as I was once. I just watch it on the good ole fashioned running water now if ya know what I mean ;)

I have a few friends who I watch with and we rotate who gets them at their house. One of my them refused to get HD. I now refuse to watch at his house.
Drop that cheap fuck off in your local ghetto at 2am and make his ass walk home, guarantee that cheap bitch won’t skimp on HD ever again.

I may have bought Jones vs Gus 1 as standard def, maybe because it was $10 cheaper.

I know must of you just watch illegal streams, or dont have PPVs in your country (like me, its actually free where I live you just to pay the cable bill).

I read the other day that many PPV offer a non HD version for like 10$ less.

Just a random thought.
I used to buy all of the UFC pay-per-views back when they were ALL non HD. I don't buy any these days and if I did, I wouldn't get one that wasn't HD.

The first UFC i watched was on VHS. Now days, hd stream.

I know must of you just watch illegal streams, or dont have PPVs in your country (like me, its actually free where I live you just to pay the cable bill).

I read the other day that many PPV offer a non HD version for like 10$ less.

Just a random thought.

Yes back before I had an HD television in the mid 2000's if that counts. Seriously though I ordered a fight in SD a year or two ago by mistake. I was pissed to because the cable company in my area charged the same amount for HD and SD. I tried calling them, but there is no way to get a hold of them.

Another one that pissed my off was the Liddel Ortiz 3 fight that golden boy put on. All I cared to watch was the main event and After I purchased it the fight was already over. I do know how to stream but it was Saturday night and I was drinking and had company and didn't feel like messing with my computer.

my 1980s box tv that STILL WORKS doesn't support hd shit. never bought a ppv anyway though. good luck with your 2 year lifespan flatscrrens fellas.

Lol... You can get a 40 inch flat screen now days for like $120. The LED tv's last forever now too. The one in my living room I have is like 6 years old.

Back