Has Anybody Called Out Cormier Yet?

Michael13

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
He keeps going on about getting the shot against Jon Jones......have any of the journalists actually called him out on it yet and asked him why he thinks he deserves a LHW title shot without even fighting in the LHW division and earning the shot properly?

Just for the record, i like Cormier a lot. But this is a slippery slope with these fighters getting title shots without fighting in the correct divisions.

I dont know but when great humble fighters like him and jds lose their humility amd start calling people out and get big headed is usually not a good sign and sets up a letdown, i dont see how he could lose to mir but he needs to take it very seriously

He's a lot more deserving than Belfort and Sonnen because he's top 5 in the weight class above Jones'.

cause he can and will smash jbj thats why

Is he really calling out Jones though. Its more like reporters are asking about moving down to fight Jones. Why would he say no to that possibility. He is keeping his options open while generating a little buzz for himself. Which as of late, is the most important factor in getting fights.

In fairness to Cormier, I think the times that he said he would fight Jones he was answering a direct question. He seems like a respectful guy.

He keeps going on about getting the shot against Jon Jones......have any of the journalists actually called him out on it yet and asked him why he thinks he deserves a LHW title shot without even fighting in the LHW division and earning the shot properly?

Just for the record, i like Cormier a lot. But this is a slippery slope with these fighters getting title shots without fighting in the correct divisions.

What Cormier needs to do after he comes to the UFC is fight the HW champ at the time, lose, and BINGO!! He gets a shot at Jon Jones! Just ask Chael Sonnen :icon_lol:

There was an interesting thread a couple of days ago comparing Cormier to Vera: a rising prospect who is creating hype about challenging for HW and LHW belts at the same time. I wish the best for Cormier, but I would like to see him fight a few more times before I can convince myself that he is a legitimate #1 contender for either title.

Well, if Chael Sonnen and Belfort get that, why don't give the title shot to Daniel Cormier? He deserves it more than these guys, and LHW doesn't have anyone who is deserving the title shot, except Gus....

i was pretty disappointed with how he looked last night... i guess losing would have really changed things for him, where if he loses to someone like mir its just a minor setback... but he was really unimpressive.

At least he said he is willing to fight Jones...the only other person is a middle weight who's lost his last fight T_T

There was an interesting thread a couple of days ago comparing Cormier to Vera: a rising prospect who is creating hype about challenging for HW and LHW belts at the same time. I wish the best for Cormier, but I would like to see him fight a few more times before I can convince myself that he is a legitimate #1 contender for either title.

Cormier and Vera are not only stylistically very different but are also very different personalities.

Vera's greatest problem was lack of application; Cormier works as hard as anybody in mma.

Back