Has anybody besides Manhoef and JDS dropped mark hunt?

Watched the Mousasi fight, not a knockdown. He hit Hunt with a straight right, then grabbed Hunt's leg to get him off balance, then pushed him over.

Everytime i watch these k1 fights I don't understand how someone can simply just block a high kick with their arms without breaking it. I mean these guys throw kicks with viscous force and sometimes they block it with heir forearms and they just walk away like nothing happened. My arm would snap if I tried that.

i have only seen a few of mark hunts fights outside of the UFC. has anyone besides the two in the title dropped Mark Hunt?

Other guys have knocked him down, but only Manhoef and JDS have KOed him in MMA. People have on here have said Crocop but Hunt got up and actually ended up winning the fight (beat Crocop by decision).

In K1 Semmy Schilt and Jerome LeBanner TKOed him, but the LeBanner one was a corner stoppage.

Manhoef is such a badass... the guy is a MW and he KO's Mark Hunt. Not a great MMA fighter because he has like zero ground game, but he's still one of my favorite fighters to watch. 27 wins, 25 KOs... awesome! Possibly the hardest hitter in the game.

Here's Semmy's tree-log leg bodyshot KO of Hunt since there was some talk about it.

schilt_ko_hunt.gif

Everytime i watch these k1 fights I don't understand how someone can simply just block a high kick with their arms without breaking it. I mean these guys throw kicks with viscous force and sometimes they block it with heir forearms and they just walk away like nothing happened. My arm would snap if I tried that.

haha, hell yeah, even more crazy is when in muay thai and kickboxing when they clash shins during kicks and nothing happens. jesus, i do that in training and it feels like my leg is broken. manhoef had a fight in onefc where he kicked a guys knee and his shin split open and blood was running down it...i thought, yep, my leg would have exploded lol

JLB dropped him, Cro Cop did, JDS did, Melvin did, and that's it as far as I know.

People have on here have said Crocop but Hunt got up and actually ended up winning the fight (beat Crocop by decision).

Nope, CroCop dropped him in K-1 & CroCop won in K-1. Didn't drop him in MMA & lost.

Other guys have knocked him down, but only Manhoef and JDS have KOed him in MMA. People have on here have said Crocop but Hunt got up and actually ended up winning the fight (beat Crocop by decision).

No he didn't, CroCop won that decision. Mark got the decision in Pride where he wasn't knocked down by Crocop

No he didn't, CroCop won that decision. Mark got the decision in Pride where he wasn't knocked down by Crocop

Yeah true, I got the fights mixed, but he did somehow get up from Crocop, and still has a head like a brick.

That kick has to be about equivalent to a baseball bat to the head... crazy

most people can be ko'd with any type of head kick, but who else has knocked him out with a punch?

well i dont think hunt was actually knocked out by the kick JDS threw, he was close and it definitely couldve been ruled a KO after the kick, but you could see the following punch put him completely out.

Last edited:
Other guys have knocked him down, but only Manhoef and JDS have KOed him in MMA. People have on here have said Crocop but Hunt got up and actually ended up winning the fight (beat Crocop by decision)."

No, Crocop dropped Hunt and yes Hunt got back up but Crocop won in K-1.

Hunt won the MMA fight by decision. Crocop fought that fight with a broken foot and wore wrestling shoes.

Back