Has any sherdogger ever trained with a ufc fighter ?

Did a seminar with Brandon Vera too.

I trained with Erick Silva back when he was an up-and-coming top young prospect, a couple of weeks ago

Last edited:
Chuck before he was famous (he was kickboxing in Vegas) at the real pit by john hacklemans House in the hills of arroyo grande. My fight name was mowgli. I made green belt and John and chuck beat me up at the same time in the ring. They all lined up and punched me in the gut. They said I could get the tatoo of the pit monster. Never did. I was never good... I’m big , competitive and tough but I’m not mean, athletic or fast. Just an unathletic nerd.

Roll with Nick and Nate when they come to so cal. Kron Gracie's bjj baby.

Literally none of this happened
Believe what you like. The gym was called ultimate martial arts at 680 progress Road in toronto. Formerly siam #1. Owned by Kru Paul Minhas.

Bazooka Joe came out of there too, after I stopped going I think.

Edit: if I was going to make up something like that, don't you think I would have picked a higher profile fighter than big daddy?

I trained at AKA but they kicked me for owning everybody so bad in grappling.

Has any of you ever trained with a ufc fighter ? If yes tell us the story

Personally i never trained with a ufc fighter .

Did a seminar with GSP a month or so before he beat Hughes for the belt.

Trained with Mitch Gagnon at his gym om Sudbury. Doubt he's fighting in the ufc again unless he gets some new robot knees. :(

Mark Munoz and Krzysztof Soszynski. Both were the absolute gentlemen....and beasts. There are definitely levels. Even fighters who were considered "gatekeepers" like possibly Munoz was, are light years ahead of the average guy who trains mma and fights amateur. Made me wonder how incredible top level guys are.

I used to train at a gym that had Luke Barnatt, John Maguire and Dan Hardy would sometimes train at, there were a huge bunch of other pro's aswell even some from the States.

Maguire was strong s hell and has amazing wrestling for a brit, the pro's are just a nightmare to spar with in all honesty, their strikes hurt like fuck and they leave you feeling pretty defenseless at times, good guys though and always friendly.

I don't really have any 'fun' stories but they would all go on night outs like 5-8 pro fighters, always made me laugh because they had the fire power to take out the entire club, all middleweight and above aswell.

I used to train alot and I remember the first time I actually was able to compete in some exchanges with a pro, it felt so good, like I had been promoted and was progressing.

I trained with a lot more guys who fought in Dream and Sengoku, the most high profile UFC guy i've trained with was Rafael Dos Anjos back in 2008.

I rolled with a couple noobs, heavyweight Juan Adams and 145 Bobby Moffett. Moffett threw me in a darce while I was in turtle, took about 30 seconds. Dude is strong, he’s a black belt and has a long reach....

Juan Adams is massive, 6’5 300 pounds, I had speed on him but he would just grab an arm or leg and drag me around lol

Didn't that Lane kid train in Holland... Plus. this should go to wasteland for me even mentioning him... :eek:

I’m sure this Sherdogger has trained with UFC fighters...
2u8gymq.jpg

Trained with Royce Gracie prior to the first UFC.

He kicked my ass all over the place, but was a good instructor overall. Funny guy. Sick sense of humor.

VHS or it didn't happen.

Back