Has any sherdogger ever taken out loan for other than auto or home?

MadSquabbles500

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Has any of you sherdoggers ever taken out a bank loan for something other than an auto vehicle, or housing yourself?

If so, what did it entail? How did you qualify? and if you mind telling me what for, or not is okay too.

I guess a credit card is like loan to right. Has any of you ever used your credit card for commercial purposes? Have any of you ever received a commercial loan of any kind?

If Scyther has talked you into building a rocket to prove the flat earth...

When I was 19 I took out a 3000+ dollar loan to build myself a badass gaming PC. It was a terrible mistake. I think the bank onsidered it a personal loan and I applied in person.

I have never taken a loan and I never will.

I don't like paying financial intermediaries my money to purchase things I don't need.

Yes multiple loans. Fucked myself. Slowly settling. Once settled I will never do it again...ever.

This is sherdog, bruh. Everyone is debt free and rich. No one needs loans, for anything, here.

My wife used to be really bad at managing her credit card so we took out a loan once to pay off credit card debt. I think I had 2k and she had 8k. Went from 19% interest down to 4-5% over 3 years I think it was. I wouldn't have done it for 2k but 10k total seemed like too much to be paying high interest on.

SBA loans for business properties. They proved to be very useful and lucrative funding options.

For a home loan a very long time ago. We pay for everything cash nowadays. Paying interest sucks when that money could go towards retirement savings.

Back in 2007 i took a small loan of 2000 £ before entering the Comandos course ... i needed to buy a bunch of uniforms, several boots and gear ... i did it cause i was just finishing basic training and the soldier salary is low so i was nearly broke , plus during the 1 month indoc + 12 weeks course the rule is everyone takes a 1/3 cut of your salary ... by taking the loan i could make that initial investment and get to keep a small "working capital" ... the rate was about 20% tho , but i had no choice cause i had no other option ... if memory serves me correctly the bank required the salary receipts of the 3 previous months and because i was just finishing the 3 months basic training i didnt have them ... i was only able to get the loan cause i had a connection in the bank, a long time friend who worked there.
It worked out well but im personaly against taking loans, or working with banks for that matter.

What are you trying to do?

I was in SoCal this past week and a half on vacation, but I also went to check out some triple net properties he is looking at for purchase. I am like, "man, I wish I can buy these. Just collect a rent check, and write another one to the bank"

Took one out years ago for a hot tub and privacy fence. Still have the fence but the hot tub started fucking up 3 or 4 years ago so I cut it up with a Sawzall and threw it in the dumpster at work. Hot tub has to be one of the easiest ways to get women over. Slots gonna sloot.

I was in SoCal this past week and a half on vacation, but I also went to check out some triple net properties he is looking at for purchase. I am like, "man, I wish I can buy these. Just collect a rent check, and write another one to the bank"

Why wouldn't you get a note + mortgage using the property as collateral?

Back