Has Any One Ordered From Mmagear.com

FORGETAP

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I heard from a few people they are shady, to bad I already ordered. I really want some insight has anyone ordered ever ???

There are many horror stories about mmagear.com; many of them came about a year or less ago. People had tales of not getting their gear, not getting any e-mail replies or confirmations, and such. But apparently, things are better now. Speaking for myself, I have ordered twice from them (not big orders, btw), and had no problems. I got my stuff fairly quickly, with no hassles. It's just a judgement call when shopping on the internet. You can't completely trust any net retailer, as they're "invisible". I think you should be fine, but be vigilant, and call (or e-mail) if you start to suspect the order isn't being followed up on.

gear and equipment forum is the best place to ask

I haven't heard anything bad about them yet...this is the first time.

Best of luck to ya!

As far as i'm aware they're now out of buisness but are still taking orders - the brazilain authoritys are looking into it.

I know three different people from training who've placed orders with nothing sent out now.

basically - do NOT use mmagear.com

I ordered once from them. I had to wait about a month and it was difficult to get answers but at least they answered after 5,6 e-mails and finally I got my stuff.

So there is a solid chance I might not get my GI ?

A very solid chance given the evidence i've seen here and at training.

Where is a good spot to order?
Where did u hear they are out of business

FORGETAP said:
So there is a solid chance I might not get my GI ?

Not so much solid as I would say guaranteed NOT to get your gi. Out of curiosity, did you use the search function? There are probably more than a few pages of threads of nothing but negative comments about the company. That was the most spoken about topic for quite some time here. I also heard from some sources down there that they are closed for business.

FORGETAP said:
Where is a good spot to order?
Where did u hear they are out of business

I have never had a problem with Rio Fight Wear or Jiu Jitsu Pro Gear. In fact, they have both received the Brandinho seal of approval. Especially RFW. Out of curiosity, what type of gi are you ordering?

SOOO, Im not gonna get mi GI. My credit card company said that they havent billed me yet and it was a week and a half ago

Roy Cullen of fightgear.net posted about it here not so long ago, do a search and you'll find all about it.

I heard on Monday that the owner has basically done a runner. This came from someone at one of the manufacturers. Apparently there have been severe money problems. I know at least two manufacturers who didn't get paid and we hear every day horror stories about customers who ordered and never got their order. We worked closely with the owner for a few months but that was before the big problems started. The Brazilian trade organisation Procon are invetigating plus they have not updated their stock for months now and the owner is not even answering emails. We do know that the owver did try and sell the whole company to dealers around the world.

Brandinho said:
I have never had a problem with Rio Fight Wear or Jiu Jitsu Pro Gear. In fact, they have both received the Brandinho seal of approval. Especially RFW. Out of curiosity, what type of gi are you ordering?

Hey Buddy Thanks ..
It means so much to us your feedback, guys like you know how hard it is to build up a company from scratch , promote the name and maintain the name...We are proud to have you and other few hundreds sherdog customers as our loyal customers..

Take care and whenever you need something just ring the bell...

If your worried about it issue a stop payment order on the credit card and that should pretty much end that transaction then buy from a reputable business

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back