Has any non-title fight not involving Conor had this much hype?

Rampage vs. Rashad was the biggest non-title fight I could think of (without Conor), and man what a disappointment that was.

Mas v Nate was a much bigger fight and it's not even close. I legit don't know anyone who gives a shit about Conor v Cowboy outside of this forum and that's saying something considering the hype before Conor v Khabib, which everyone was into.

Khabib took Conor's soul and his hype train in one fell swoop. Not a fanboy, just stating facts. I've actually been looking forward to this fight for a years now since McGregor and Cerrone's initial run-in at that press conference a few years back, but it's just not a needle mover for the general public/casual fanbase.

For the non casuals, I’d say Chuck/Wand.

Conor fans be like “Who da fook are they?!”

That is fair. Sherdog hypes the shit out of any remotely big fight though lol

Fedor crushing a can sends this place into a frenzy

Every now and then I don't come here for a few days. MMA as a whole is really not too big. ESPN will yap about it more now for obvious reasons.

Ready for 246 to be over just so people can shut up about a McGregor fight against a guy who doesn’t even have a serious chance of getting a belt. It’s not even a “big return”. The dude hasn’t fought in 15 months, which isn’t that long of an absence compared to what some fighters take.

But seriously, I can’t remember any non-title bout that hasn’t included Conor that scratches the surface. Frankly, only a few title bouts have as well.

This is god awful fight. Terrible fight. Only interesting because Conor is fighting.

No. Here are the biggest non-Conor non-title fights in UFC history, in no particular order:

Brock/Reem
Brock/Mir 1
Brock/Herring
Brock/Hunto
Rampage/Rashad
Anderson/Nick
Diaz/Masvidal
Chuck/Tito 1
Chuck/Wand
Chuck/Shogun
Chuck/Rich
Ken/Tito 2
Hughes/Gracie
Anderson/Forrest
Anderson/Stephan
Punk/Gall (it's up there, as much as I hate to say it)

The boldest fights are the biggest imo. And they pale in hype in comparison to this fight.

you missed Forrest rampage. Edit: Oh wait that’s a title . Ignore this

I feel like it's more Sherdog hype than real world hype for this fight.

Normally I'd agree with you, but I saw one guy at the gym gesture vigorously at the television when some program started talking about the fight, and I saw someone else at church wearing a Conor T-shirt. So the casuals are excited.

Israel vs Whittaker.....
Oops title fight.

You win ts

I'm not hearing shit about this on social media. Seriously...it's crickets and tumbleweeds out there.

Ready for 246 to be over just so people can shut up about a McGregor fight against a guy who doesn’t even have a serious chance of getting a belt. It’s not even a “big return”. The dude hasn’t fought in 15 months, which isn’t that long of an absence compared to what some fighters take.

But seriously, I can’t remember any non-title bout that hasn’t included Conor that scratches the surface. Frankly, only a few title bouts have as well.

was the rock ever at a conor fight that tells you how big nate vs jorge was.

Fights is in a few days, other than some MMA websites I dont see anyone else really caring
Yeah, not hating on anybody who's excited, but... What hype? This seems barely above standard.

I'm sorry but what hype ? the hype is there but not mega

I feel like Masvidal vs Diaz had about as much hype.

The hype is disturbingly quiet. This far out from a Conor fight half the threads on the front page are usually his fans trolling or making wild predictions. Where have they all gone? Are they not as boisterous anymore or have they moved on?

The youtube views for countdown are really good, that's first positive sign i've seen.

Back