Has any non-title fight not involving Conor had this much hype?

winkydinks

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ready for 246 to be over just so people can shut up about a McGregor fight against a guy who doesn’t even have a serious chance of getting a belt. It’s not even a “big return”. The dude hasn’t fought in 15 months, which isn’t that long of an absence compared to what some fighters take.

But seriously, I can’t remember any non-title bout that hasn’t included Conor that scratches the surface. Frankly, only a few title bouts have as well.

Nate Diaz 2

Whoops that says not involving Conor, then of course not.

Don't have to go too far back to find one.

hi-res-4a3dd8da0da0e4a00ebf401288366ae4_crop_north.jpg

There's not that much hype around this imo. I live in Vegas, and a lot of people don't even realize McGregor is back. At least on the casual side of the house.

It doesn’t feel like there is a lot of hype for this fight.

I haven’t seen or heard much buzz about this fight actually. Seems to be rather quiet, especially for a Conor fight week.

Say what you will about Conor, and I likely won't disagree with you, but you have to admit one thing the guy does well is generate hype.

Say what you will about Conor, and I likely won't disagree with you, but you have to admit one thing the guy does well is generate hype.

I feel like it's more Sherdog hype than real world hype for this fight.

No. Here are the biggest non-Conor non-title fights in UFC history, in no particular order:

Brock/Reem
Brock/Mir 1
Brock/Herring
Brock/Hunto
Rampage/Rashad
Anderson/Nick
Diaz/Masvidal
Chuck/Tito 1
Chuck/Wand
Chuck/Shogun
Chuck/Rich
Ken/Tito 2
Hughes/Gracie
Anderson/Forrest
Anderson/Stephan
Punk/Gall (it's up there, as much as I hate to say it)

The boldest fights are the biggest imo. And they pale in hype in comparison to this fight.

I feel like it's more Sherdog hype than real world hype for this fight.

That is fair. Sherdog hypes the shit out of any remotely big fight though lol

Fedor crushing a can sends this place into a frenzy

Fights is in a few days, other than some MMA websites I dont see anyone else really caring

No. Here are the biggest non-Conor non-title fights in UFC history, in no particular order:

Brock/Reem
Brock/Mir 1
Brock/Herring
Brock/Hunto
Rampage/Rashad
Anderson/Nick
Diaz/Masvidal
Chuck/Tito 1
Chuck/Wand
Chuck/Shogun
Chuck/Rich
Ken/Tito 2
Hughes/Gracie
Anderson/Forrest
Anderson/Stephan
Punk/Gall (it's up there, as much as I hate to say it)

The boldest fights are the biggest imo. And they pale in hype in comparison to this fight.

Pretty good list you have here. I'd add Vitor/Rich. I was hyped to see Vitor back in the UFC. That might've just been me though.

Has any non-title fight not involving Conor had this much hype?...I can’t remember any non-title bout that hasn’t included Conor that scratches the surface...

I think the holidays might have been a bit rough on you because it's only been about 8 or 9 weeks...
*timestamped

Last edited:
Back