Has any fighter had to shave his head to make weight?

LOOOL

Lee_vs_Liou_001.0.jpg

This girl shaved her dome to make weight

the dumb thing about that was that it was Invicta

its not an invicta card if half the fighters dont miss weight. If she had missed weight, nobody would have cared

Poirier grow his hair back when he went back up to lightweight.

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/B...ode-After-LastSecond-Loss-to-Pat-Curran-75027

Daniel Straus in Bellator. Had a good interview piece on the main page back when it happened.

"When Daniel Straus relinquished his recently-acquired featherweight title to Pat Curran in the waning seconds of their fight at Bellator 112 in March, he admits that something was missing.

No, the Ohio native is not referring to his trademark dreadlocks, which he had shorn the previous day in order to make weight. Hair doesn’t make the man, and it most certainly doesn’t make the fighter.

“I used to rock a bald head; I used to rock short hair for a while. My hair was just part of my journey in this sport,” Straus told Sherdog.com. “A lot of people saw it as: He lost his hair; he lost his power. My power was in me. It has nothing to do with my hair. Short hair, long hair, butt hair -- it doesn’t matter.”

Straus was lacking far more than just hair, however. His mind was not 100 percent with him in the cage that night. Personal issues, which he prefers not to discuss in detail, led to a lack of focus -- which in turn ultimately led to him tapping out to a Curran rear-naked choke with 14 seconds remaining in a bout he was a virtual lock to win had it gone to the judges."

This is something of an Invicta classic, with photographer Esther Lin wielding the scissors. Diaz made weight but lost the fight.

Google tells me yes. on TUF. A Woman. Within 5 seconds. A glance tells me there were others too, but I stopped there.

There's even a video.

It's a cool invention, this thing called "google". You should look into it.

And there's a cool thing called LET ME GOOGLE THAT FOR YOU, that you should look into. Newb.

Didn't Hendricks shave his beard to make weight once?

Back