Has any fighter ever lost a 10-7 or even 10-8 round and then won the fight by decision?

Dude 10-8s are rare as fuk and chances you see 10-7 is almost as probable as hitting jack pot in lottery.

Not sure that has anything to do with what I said but ok. Thread isn’t about the frequency of those scores occurring but 10-8s aren’t that rare. At least 3 rounds last weekend got a 10-8 on at least one card.

Last edited:
There have only been a few 10-7s because the ref will usually stop it before it can end in 10-7. Hendo has been in a few where he won 10-8 rounds but lost the decision.

Frankie Edgar lost what was arguably a 10-7 and went on to score a draw in the 2nd match against Gray
It was the first Gray fight, and the first round was still only a 10-8.

Gray got another 10-8 round in the first of their rematch but was TKOd later.

There have only been a few 10-7s because the ref will usually stop it before it can end in 10-7. Hendo has been in a few where he won 10-8 rounds but lost the decision.
....so there haven't been any 10-7s....

None of you saw 10-7 round in your life.
Wtf are you even talking about.
The third judge here would've had to have scored at least one round a 10-7:

8vzmYkC.jpg

http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/550/Forrest-Petz-vs-Sam-Morgan

"The Meat Cleaver" is apparently a pretty apt nickname lol

Valentina Shevchenko vs. Priscila Cachoeira R1 might have been a 10-7 and was scored as such by MMAFighting but I can't find the official judges' scorecards from it. R2 was even more dominant but ended in an RNC submission. Unfortunately mmadecisions.com doesn't post scorecards for fights that end in a stoppage.

Don't know on official cards, but media scoring have given a small handful. Frankie/Maynard 2 got a 10-7 from one of the sherdog judges.

There's probably a 10-8 with an added point deduction that I can't think of that would make a 10-7.

Last edited:
You can but not when the guy who rocked the other was losing the majority of the round. That would be a 3 point swing just for rocking someone.
Didn’t Diaz rock him early that round? I don’t remember.

Henderson gave Shields quite the beating in the first round of that title meeting (which Shields would go on to win)…

I don’t know what the official scorers gave Henderson for that round, but a 10-8 seemed about right.

Did Dan Henderson get a 10-8 round against bisping in their second fight?
Nah, Dan only had 10-9s against Mike

Dan Henderson vs Jake Shields also. He literally mauled him the first round, then got utterly dominated on the ground.
Best answer so far. This and the Aldo-Hominick. It's easier to find this in 5 rounders

Barboza vs Castillo. It was a 3 rounder as well.
Good point, though I think that's because only 1 judge gave a 10-8 and was overruled by the other 2. I think the OP is trying to figure out unanimously 10-8's since he's trying to figure out catching up.

Has there ever been a 10-8 round for each fighter in the same fight?
This was the first thing that came to mind for me for 3 rounders. You'd only be able to overcome a unanimous 10-8 against you by winning the other 2 rounds and getting a 10-8 yourself in one.

in mma you cant have a 10-8 round.
The fuck are you talking about?

None of you saw 10-7 round in your life.
Wtf are you even talking about.
..Yes we have? Maybe you haven't.

Try watching MMA some time, asshole. It's pretty fun.

Back