Has any fighter ever lost a 10-7 or even 10-8 round and then won the fight by decision?

Just thinking about the scoring and it's been stated before that the 10 point system doesn't seem to work for MMA's 3-5 rounds. Unless you completely besmirch your opponent the rest of the fight a 10-7 round is a guaranteed decision loss or at best a draw with a 10-8. So, what's the point? There's no way to come back from such a points disadvantage in such a short timeframe. At least in boxing you have 12 rounds to come back from.
yes.
Hendo & Bipsing.
He caught Bisping with H-bomb, and still lost that fight (then again, the fight was in England, so you get your own conclusions).

Maybe Edgar against Maynard 2/3
Both of those first rounds he got absolutely beat down. Still two of my favorite fights all time.
EDIT: ah my mistake. I didn’t catch any decision

Just thinking about the scoring and it's been stated before that the 10 point system doesn't seem to work for MMA's 3-5 rounds. Unless you completely besmirch your opponent the rest of the fight a 10-7 round is a guaranteed decision loss or at best a draw with a 10-8. So, what's the point? There's no way to come back from such a points disadvantage in such a short timeframe. At least in boxing you have 12 rounds to come back from.

in mma you cant have a 10-8 round.

Dan Henderson vs Jake Shields also. He literally mauled him the first round, then got utterly dominated on the ground.
This a really good answer. Dropped Shields in the first 20 seconds. Beat the crap out of him the rest of the round, a clear 10-8. Jake then went on to win the next 4 rounds and grapplefucked Hendo.

MMA has to take the amount of rounds into consideration.

Should have happened in Frankie vs Gray 2. 1st round should have been an unquestionable 10-7, and then Frankie won the next 4 rounds IMO. 47-46.

Aldo vs. Hominick. Hominick got a 10-8 on 2 cards but lost every other round I believe.

To the point though, if a guy loses a 10-8 or 10-7 round does he really deserve a decision unless he does something spectacular himself or dominates the rest of the fight?

Last edited:
None of you saw 10-7 round in your life.
Wtf are you even talking about.

None of you saw 10-7 round in your life.
Wtf are you even talking about.
Didn't Val get one against Cachoeira? She outlanded her like 100-3 in the round and controlled her for like 4 minutes.

Didn't Val get one against Cachoeira? She outlanded her like 100-3 in the round and controlled her for like 4 minutes.
I don't know, don't follow wmma that closely.
It seems weird ts and others are discussing something that I didn't see in quarter century to happen in MMA.

Aldo vs. Hominick. Hominick got a 10-8 on 2 cards but lost every other round I believe.

To the point though, if a guy loses a 10-8 or 10-7 round does he really deserve a decision unless he does something spectacular himself or dominates the rest of the fight?
Dude 10-8s are rare as fuk and chances you see 10-7 is almost as probable as hitting jack pot in lottery.

Back