Has anderson silva ever faced a good striker?

I think the OP means a great striker as most UFC fighters are good strikers.

The answer is...no, nope, not a 1.

Unless you count Chael, who dominated Silva on the feet and on the ground.

Till is big (for 170) and has a nice jab. Pretty well rounded. I doubt he’s better than 2006 Nate the Great or Franklin. But again that falls under the fantasy matchup umbrella and is fairly meaningless.

Gastelum has nothing to fall back on after his 1-2 didnt work on Till. He had no plan b whatsoever. He has a great 1-2 that’s for damn sure. And a good chin. And no one questions his heart. But when his 1-2 failed against Till and Weidman, he had nothing else.

Just my $0.02. I still argue that the OP is stronger if he stops at Israel. Cheers.

both are shiet and we both know why they mopved up.

Henderson? He's powerful for sure but stif as a bord

Its effective.. Who cares how pretty it looks he knocked out fedor shogun wanderlei bisping feijao lombard etc

Doesn't matter whether or not it looks stiff with a track record like that

Till is big (for 170) and has a nice jab. Pretty well rounded. I doubt he’s better than 2006 Nate the Great or Franklin. But again that falls under the fantasy matchup umbrella and is fairly meaningless.

Gastelum has nothing to fall back on after his 1-2 didnt work on Till. He had no plan b whatsoever. He has a great 1-2 that’s for damn sure. And a good chin. And no one questions his heart. But when his 1-2 failed against Till and Weidman, he had nothing else.

Just my $0.02. I still argue that the OP is stronger if he stops at Israel. Cheers.
obviously israel is a better striker than both of em, but i really think it could be argued that till and gastelum are better strikers/more dangerous than most if not everyone else on andersons resume, especially till, technically.

there were guys that silva fought who were obviously dangerous on the feet like vitor and hendo, but they didn't have the boxing of gastelum or the technical ability of till.

Prime Silva beats every MW and LHW who ever lived except perhaps Jones
Wow I didn't know that. I guess those pesky little Japanese cans must just be prime Andy's kryptonite

QArYawe.gif

Wow I didn't know that. I guess those pesky little Japanese cans must just be prime Andy's kryptonite

QArYawe.gif

Anderson was amazing to watch back in the day. He did shit that no one else had done but his hardcores ignore the fact that he did in fact lose a few times in his prime. So did Gsp. Fedor didn't.

Stop it TS, people aren't ready to be honest about Anderson's competition. They still list Franklin as a "great striker". Rich is awesome my intention isn't to trash him, but the man famously trained himself in his garage for year's, stop lying to yourselves.

He didn't get Trtor like Bisping, Luke, Jones, and Hendo did. Izzy respected Anderson and at points carried him. Which he has denied in interviews, yet in other interviews he admits to telling Silva to put his hands up. Make of that what you will.

Like TS, I don't doubt Anderson is an amazing striker, we just aren't honest about how good the guys he fought actually where.
Weidman Prime>Silva Prime
<{nope}><{danayeah}><36><31>

Last edited:
Henderson? He's powerful for sure but stif as a bord
You didn't say slick boxer, you said great striker.

He's knocked out Wand, Babalu, Fedor, Shogun, Bisping, Franklin, etc.

That is a great striker regardless of what style you'd like him to use.

You didn't say slick boxer, you said great striker.

He's knocked out Wand, Babalu, Fedor, Shogun, Bisping, Franklin, etc.

That is a great striker regardless of what style you'd like him to use.
I guess the conversation starts at what is considered a great striker? Hendo is an MMA legend for his power and grit, but he is a mediocre striker.
Cote had Silvas number till his knee blew out.
That's the point of the thread, a guy like Cote was causing Silva problems, a guy hailed as godlike for his perceived striking acumen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back