Has anderson silva ever faced a good striker?

Bangkok ready d1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I dont doubt he's a very good striker himself but who has he faced that was also a good striker? at current mw we have guys like israel, whittaker, gastelum and even darren till who are very good strikers ( at least mma level ) anderson never faced anyone similar to this guys

And won

Last edited:
Gastelum? Till?!? C’mon. You should have stopped your argument at Israel.

No, A Silva never faced an Israel.

And so far, Israel never faced a Hendo.

Prime Silva v Prime Israel is a hell of a fantasy matchup.

Yoel is going to be his Hendo. The Olympic wrestler with crazy KO power who ages like Wolverine.

Did you forget that Anderson Silva fought Isreal Adesanya?

Edit: You should've included "and won/beat" in the OP. Vitor was probably the most dangerous of the ones he fought.

Why not, gastelun rocked adesanya multiple times, his boxing is very crisp, you think he's a bad striker? Common

Prime Silva v Prime Israel is a hell of a fantasy matchup.
i mean till and gastelum are probably better strikers than most if not all of andersons wins but okay.

Prime Silva beats every MW and LHW who ever lived except perhaps Jones

Franklin, Vitor, murray, Bisping, adesanya
He avoided the stand up with Murray for a good while until he was gassed some.

Was pretty funny.

Adesanya, he was tooling until he got cocky and started letting him hit him. Then he lost a step and got wrecked.

He avoided the stand up with Murray for a good while until he was gassed some.

Was pretty funny.

Adesanya, he was tooling until he got cocky and started letting him hit him. Then he lost a step and got wrecked.
I don’t think he got wrecked my any means but easy to see that a prime Silva most likely KOs Adesanya.

Did you forget that Anderson Silva fought Isreal Adesanya?
TS: Silva never faced an elite striker like Adesanya.

Also TS:
thumb_create-meme-stoned-guy-10-guy-stoner-stanley-50020733.png

Vitor
Henderson
Franklin
Marquardt
Diaz
Murray

i mean till and gastelum are probably better strikers than most if not all of andersons wins but okay.
Till is big (for 170) and has a nice jab. Pretty well rounded. I doubt he’s better than 2006 Nate the Great or Franklin. But again that falls under the fantasy matchup umbrella and is fairly meaningless.

Gastelum has nothing to fall back on after his 1-2 didnt work on Till. He had no plan b whatsoever. He has a great 1-2 that’s for damn sure. And a good chin. And no one questions his heart. But when his 1-2 failed against Till and Weidman, he had nothing else.

Just my $0.02. I still argue that the OP is stronger if he stops at Israel. Cheers.

Back