Has Anderson ever had a good chin?

Most of you have never seen him just let Jorge Rivera tee off on him and just eat his punches like nothing I see

Shall we continue?

Do you know what sparring is?

Fighters have no intention to knock each other out. They throw like 50% max punches.

Still one-dimensional pillow-fisted wrestler dropped him like a bag.

Stay salty

Last edited by a moderator:
No, he wasn't known for that at all. He has one KO on his record other than the GSP fight.

So? He just wasn't a Gurgel-type fighter. He had great BJJ and actually used it instead of trying to KO everyone. He nearly KO'd Karo, but he got saved by the bell.

He had one of the best chins in the history of the sport. For having had some of the best defense ever, he also had almost a bizarre lack of fear of getting hit in the head.

It's evident that a very light breeze will drop him these days. Since he's rarely been hit in his career, it's unlikely to have deteriorated due to damage taken.

It only take one KO to cause major damage. Just one and not everyone responds to damage the same way. Human beings are all unique to a degree.

There are a number of factors such as age combined with a KO that can lead to one's chin being weaker. I know once I hit 30 I couldn't drink a lot of alcohol without having a major hangover. I'm using the age drinking analogy to demonstrate that your body stops behaving the same way as it did when you are younger. Silva is 40 now...recovery is much harder and things just don't work as well as they did when you are 35 or 30.

ufc-silva-weidman.jpg

Everyone who isn't a noob knows he had one of the best chins in mma

It's evident that a very light breeze will drop him these days. Since he's rarely been hit in his career, it's unlikely to have deteriorated due to damage taken.

So... Has his chin always been similar to Overeem's? I can't fathom the sudden decline. Hunt is still taking shots like he has no brain inside his skull.
Some people's chins deteriorate faster than others when they start getting hit. He went so long without getting tagged too bad that his chin was good once upon a time. After getting knocked down by the likes of Chael and Chris, it seems to be cracked.

Chael has more tko wins than Serra. In fact, Serras tko win over GSP was his first.
Doesn't matter. Chael is not a huge power puncher and Serra developed a big punch after having been primarily a grappler for much of his career. Some people have a natural gift for generating power and others appear to struggle with it. I think they are definitely on different ends of that spectrum.

So... Has his chin always been similar to Overeem's? I can't fathom the sudden decline. Hunt is still taking shots like he has no brain inside his skull.
Anderson definetly used to have one of the best chins in MMA imo, plus he had great subtle head movement to absord the damage of the shots wich made him able to take huge shots.

I think Anderson just has been sparring hard for too many years. In pretty much all the sparring videos ive seen of the guy he seemed content to eat pretty hard shots and play around in sparring just like he does in fights, i'm sure he's been tagged hard in sparring and it's gotten out of hand after so many years. For example i remember the video of Anderson sparring at Freddie Roaches gym and even Freddie looked shocked when Anderson was fooling around eating hard shots by some young boxer and ask for more haha, crazy dude for sure.

Also remember that fight in Cage Rage or w/e it was where Anderson clinched up with the guy and let him tee off on him a couple of times freely just eating hard shots just for the heck of it, he definetly had an iron chin.

Back