Has all the hype for Artem Lobov been a joke?

Same as Uriah Hall really, a string of brutal knockouts in the TUF house but not reproducing it in his UFC fights.
He's not nearly as talented as Uriah, though. Some people liked Artem because he's a gunslinger. Not even a really great striker from a fundamental standpoint. He hits hard, but his offense is not all that sound and defensively he's far below subpar. On top of that his ground game is horrible. He's not going to make it as a UFC fighter if he doesn't approve drastically. And I don't think he will at this point.

I don't remember there being any hype. There was notoriety because he's Conor sparring partner/punching bag, and then controversy because he managed to get into the top MMA organization with one of the most journeyman records you can find.

If anyone did praise em it was b/c he is Conors lacky

He talks so much shit trying to be Conno so I love seeing this

Same as Uriah Hall really, a string of brutal knockouts in the TUF house but not reproducing it in his UFC fights.
Lobov will never have a win like moose on his record though. Hell he might not even get a leben like win... Dude doesn't have much

Worst part about being a Conor fan is that you have to defend his lackeys.

Wait, there was hype for Artem Lobov?)))

lol what hype?
cathal, artem, they need one more goof and they can be like 4 horsewomen lol

Dana will keep him aRound because of Conor.

Is it some inside joke? I have failed to understand from day one why sherdog has nothing but good things to say about him, praising him all day. The guy is 11-11. Alex White just took him to striking school..
You haven't been on Sherdog recently have you? He is ripped to shreds here. Even Conor fans go after him lol.

Honestly I have never heard any "HYPE" for Artem. All I have heard is people saying he was only in the UFC because Conor wanted him in the UFC

giphy.gif
Here's Lobov with Ace Ventura

Come on guise, he's really good. Don't pay attention to his record, that's just because he took fights on short notice.

That's what the apologists have been saying, at least. After his last two fights, hopefully we can put that theory to rest.

Honestly I have never heard any "HYPE" for Artem. All I have heard is people saying he was only in the UFC because Conor wanted him in the UFC
There was a lot of people defending him when they would question why he got another fight saying he got 3 strait KO on the ultimate fighter nobody's done that ( i guess they don't know about brandao and Ferguson) oh and of course "he'd knock your ass out " and then a lotof people saying you just hate him bbecause you hate Conor so not really hype but a lot of sticking up for him

What hype? The guy is somewhat known because he trains with Conor.

He reminds me of Ronda's horsewomen friends.

Back