has a smaller fighter ever beaten a good clincher?

MMouse

Now you enter...the shredder
Banned
Reaction score
I would always see the taller opponent who's good a clincher beat the smaller figther.

I was wondering if there has been a smaller fighter beats the taller clincher?

I would always see the taller opponent who's good a clincher beat the smaller figther.

I was wondering if there has been a smaller fighter beats the taller clincher?

Yes, all the time. The idea that taller fighters always make good clinchers isn't true and the idea that all good clincher are tall isn't true either. I think that size plays an important role in clinching but often it's about having greater mass than greater height. For example, Petchboonchu F.A. Group is one of the best clinchers of recent times and he isn't all that tall. However, from what I've heard Petchboonchu was very good at cutting weight and usually came in as the bigger bodied fighter. Someone like Panpayak Jitmuangnon is tall and spindly but has been out clinched in most of his loses.

Its pretty common. Singdam is really good at shutting down the clinch game.

Beating a bigger clincher in the clinch or just beating a bigger clincher/neutralizing the clinch as much as possible?

Apparently Sagat Petchyindee beat Dieselnoi at least someone told me. I doubt anyone beat Dieselnoi in the clinch so he probably worked around it as much as possible and won with his hands. Sadly it is from an era where there wasn't a video of every fight.

Beating a bigger clincher in the clinch or just beating a bigger clincher/neutralizing the clinch as much as possible?

Apparently Sagat Petchyindee beat Dieselnoi at least someone told me. I doubt anyone beat Dieselnoi in the clinch so he probably worked around it as much as possible and won with his hands. Sadly it is from an era where there wasn't a video of every fight.

Beating the bigger clincher neutralizing the clinch, would like to see a video if any fighter has displayed this

Just check out petchboonchu and yodwicha on youtube. they have plenty of losses against shorter guys

Yes, two that comes to mind, but they are plenty of others, and not that uncommon.

this.

also kongsak vs petmorrakot stands at for me because (if I remember correctly) kongsak was the one who pushed the pace.
Yeah, i watched that fight live from ringside :)

Nong-O has a nice KO win over Petchboonchu from punches.

Nong-O has a nice KO win over Petchboonchu from punches.

he has about 3 or 4 nice KO wins over Petboonchu with punches. Sam-A a couple of nice ko wins over petboonchu too

he has about 3 or 4 nice KO wins over Petboonchu with punches. Sam-A a couple of nice ko wins over petboonchu too
Both Sam-A and Nong are absolute favorites of mine.

tried looking online for sam A vs petch

has anyone come across this?

tried looking online for sam A vs petch

has anyone come across this?

No. You won't find those fights.

But here's a Nong-O knockout that isn't as well known as the other one you can find.

They supposedly fought 3 times and Sagat claimed he went 2-1 against Dieselnoi.

I've yet to see anyone with Dieselnoi's brutal and destruction in a clinch style.

They supposedly fought 3 times and Sagat claimed he went 2-1 against Dieselnoi.

I've yet to see anyone with Dieselnoi's brutal and destruction in a clinch style.

I'm not as big of a MT fan as a MMA or boxing fan but I would kill to see those fights. Didn't Dieselnoi also fight and beat Samat? There is a clip of an exhibition fight between those 2 on YT when both (especially Dieselnoi) were old and fat but apparently they also had a real fight

Here's a recent example that reminded me of this thread.

Luktoy initially bullies Satanmuanglek by forcing the clinch with his larger frame. He smothers Satanmuanglek by leaning on him with a tight clinch.

Satanmuanglek then beats him using "mid-distance" clinch to prevent from getting smothered by framing against the arms. This keeps a little bit of space for the smaller fighter to stage his offense.

Those sweet sweet elbow knee combos that followed were beautiful.

I'm not as big of a MT fan as a MMA or boxing fan but I would kill to see those fights. Didn't Dieselnoi also fight and beat Samat? There is a clip of an exhibition fight between those 2 on YT when both (especially Dieselnoi) were old and fat but apparently they also had a real fight
Ya they fought and Dieselnoi clinch rekt him. It is possibly why Samart is so outspoken against the modern scoring where clinching and knees are prominent.

Back