Has a hype train ever ended as quick as Mike Perrys?

image_crop.php

0474180001420404379_filepicker.gif

Nah, solid 15 guy right there getting his ass kicked by a solid top 5 guy. Not really hype.

Fedor's hype train crashed pretty abruptly as soon as he fought decent competition in an org that tested for peds.
not sure this counts cause they are STILL on his damn hype train hard

same for Platinum Mike Perry ;)
True. Some how doo hoos fans refuse to accept he was indeed mostly hype. Yes do hoo has heart and can sure take a beating but has ZERO defense and no where near the talent level of his hype

True. Some how doo hoos fans refuse to accept he was indeed mostly hype. Yes do hoo has heart and can sure take a beating but has ZERO defense and no where near the talent level of his hype
<[analyzed}>

ZERO defence? so true

<2><2><2>

I never saw the guy fight before. I was excited to see what all of the hype was about over him this weekend, and looked to get on the bandwagon after I finally got to see him fight. I cannot say I was overly impressed with his performance.

I never saw the guy fight before. I was excited to see what all of the hype was about over him this weekend, and looked to get on the bandwagon after I finally got to see him fight. I cannot say I was overly impressed with his performance.
reports coming in he tore 3 ACL's in round 1 so he couldn't explode at all.

reports coming in he tore 3 ACL's in round 1 so he couldn't explode at all.

That does explain his lack of footwork and lateral movement, and inability to change levels quickly. He has to be a tough son of a gun as he hid the "pain" extremely well. (He has a serious poker face!)

He looked stiff and robotic, but I had no idea that he was injured. I am more than happy to give him another look, and hope to see him at full speed. I might have to go back and watch his previous UFC fights before he fights again to get an idea of what to expect.

Why Makwan he is 3-0 in the UFC....he hasn't fought since February not sure what is going on with him but he hasn't been derailed yet

Hasn't been derailed but his hype died down a lot after his last fight, guess his fans wanted him to continue getting quick finishes or they were done with him

It's actually good that it "died down" a little. Makwan is still a developing fighter that wasn't really even training mma when he got the call to fight Ogle. I hope he shows a lot of improvement after a year of just training. He's gotten really (mainstream) famous also here in Finland so I'm sure there's a lot of pressure. He should be fighting in London in February.

It was more of an trolltrain anyway. Most people just repeated the whole platinum thing to piss people off.

What happened with Makwan? I liked that guy... says he won his last fight by decision.. was it a snoozer or something?

Back