Has a hype train ever ended as quick as Mike Perrys?

This was a fake hype train to try and hit back at the Conor fans. It was a literal rip off. Calling him the GOAT like they did for Conor after 1 fight in the UFC. Now Conor is actually not a joke anymore and people hate it.

So basically, people are retards. The people that thought Conor was clearly something special is because he showed it right from the get go.

Mike Perry showed nothing except power.

They were never in the same league and it just shows that people are retarded more than anything. It was never funny and it was never a joke to them. They just wanted to be the first people to call out the next big thing, hoping they would be right.

Then an old, male model brought them back to reality.

No idea, just remember him turning up at the weigh ins huge and ripped as fuck with a hat and cigar and sherdog exploding.

Then getting finished the next day lol.
Hahah I remember the weigh ins and thinking "Jesus Christ!" and then I believe it was Alves that choked him out

His hype train wasn't even real. Pretty clear to see he wasn't something special.

(not saying he can't get better, still young)

I've seen him talked about on here, bit I don't know shit about the guy and consider myself a pretty hardcore mma fan so i don't think it was much of a hype train.

Houston and Sokoudjou got shut down pretty quick during their meteoric rise.

Perry needed to land a few punched and jouban would have went down.
Seems Alan can't take a punch

It was more of an inside joke at the expense of the antics of the worst of Cobor''s fans than a hype train.

His hype train went from meme to serious war wagon.

By now people can really be a fan of him withou worrying about all the stuff Platinum fans do on sherdog (me included)

Many fail to get the reason behind it all, but his loss probably just made it more legit than ever. If he goes in a win streak again, brace yourselves cause we'll be back stronger than ever.

Sokodjou - Came in hyped to hell with wins over Lil Nog and Arona, hype didn't last too long once he got to the UFC though.
I had forgotten all about this guy. Dude had an intimidating physique.
SOKOUDJOU-predator.jpg

He'll be back.
Fighters lose, it happens.
It's weird how the haters are making a humongous deal of it. There will still be platinum threads, you goofs.

Honestly I had no idea he existed until last night

I was thinking Makwan as well.

Also

Sokodjou - Came in hyped to hell with wins over Lil Nog and Arona, hype didn't last too long once he got to the UFC though.

Cyrille Diabate - After Diabate made his UFC debut against Luiz Cane there was a brief moment where people were calling him the next big thing, but he failed to be consistent in the UFC and the hype died very fast.

Luiz Cane - People were hyping this guy up like crazy before Lil Nog smashed him.
Luiz Cane!!! Damn haven't even heard his name in a while. That's a solid one.

Zaromskis-the baby/mini cro cop talk seemed to come to an end once he hit strikeforce.

Lol, he beat like 3 unranked guys then got schooled by first decent fighter he faces. jouban is not even top 15 himself.
not much of a train.

Hype train what? The guy won a couple sloppy brawls....

People had to have been straight trolling, i didn't get the joke. The guy talks like he didn't graduate the 3rd grade.

The train is just being re-routed.

It'll be headed in the right direction again in no time imo.

Why Makwan he is 3-0 in the UFC....he hasn't fought since February not sure what is going on with him but he hasn't been derailed yet

Hasn't been derailed but his hype died down a lot after his last fight, guess his fans wanted him to continue getting quick finishes or they were done with him

Different case. The promotion may have tried to hype him but the public was always sceptical at best.
Skeptical is putting it nicely. We knew he was gonna get the shit kicked out of him.

Back