Has a fighter ever been as humiliated as McGregor?

For every GSP or Anderson (although Anderson VS Maia is one of the most disrespectful things i have seen in MMA) there is a shit talking loud mouths like Wandy (its true, he is popular but its true), Tito, Shamrock, Mike Tyson, Ali, Sonnen etc....

The top pro fighters are not going to train harder or try harder because their opponent is shit talking to market himself. Most top fighters train to there best and give it their all EVERY FIGHT. Especially the top FWs.

Also like i said before most fighters are probably smart enough to know Conor is just promoting himself.

I understand hyping a fight and promoting for sales. I just can't get over how far McGregor takes it. Yea, Tyson is a good comparison, he said truly horrible things about rape and baby eating but those other guys you listed hyped themelves without calling their opponent a nazi or talking about their balls on people's heads. He just takes it too far for my liking.

I will concede though that I look forward to seeing him fight Aldo.

I don't know what went through Conor's head, but that gif could be interpreted that he grabbed the dude for balance when he stepped down. There's nobody between Aldo and him. The dude he grabbed is clapping his hands.

Also.. more humiliated... That Brown dude who shit his pants. Outside of the Octagon would be Rampage's Rampage IMO

wkgamzA.gif

Great point about ALI. He talked about separating people by race. It seems like people forget about the things they didn't like when a fighter retires. I think the same will happen with Mayweather.

Ali is my favorite pro athlete ever, but he has done much, much worse things then Conor. How he treated Fraizer was fucked up

I know you're just trolling, but Alexis Davis got absolutely humiliated by Rousey. I've never seen a humiliating destruction like that

you clearly havent seen penn vs edgar 2 or 3 then.

and yeah, i felt kind of bad for connor. runs out, needs help, acts like someone is holding him back, all the while aldo chuckles.

My point, however, was that he both was caught and caught someone else (Vinny). It's not an embarrassment. It is the nature of the sport. You dance with the devil when you enter the cage. There's no shame once you have the courage to do so.

The only thing embarrassing is when people who don't enter cages/rings tell those who do that they should be embarrassed. Not saying you can't think "I would be embarrassed if that happened to me" but instead when they say "Fighter X was embarrassed" or "should be embarrassed".

Yeah, I'm white-knighting.... but I have to be around fighters a lot and I get a bit puffed up about this stuff :icon_lol:

Well said, one of my pet peeves as well... I think often posted by those who have never competed in any sport, much less an individual one where bodily harm is almost assured, even in victory.

I understand hyping a fight and promoting for sales. I just can't get over how far McGregor takes it. Yea, Tyson is a good comparison, he said truly horrible things about rape and baby eating but those other guys you listed hyped themelves without calling their opponent a nazi or talking about their balls on people's heads. He just takes it too far for my liking.

I will concede though that I look forward to seeing him fight Aldo.

Sonnen talked about how when he was a kid he was playing with the newest and most expensive toys while Anderson and the other Brazilian kids were playing in the dirt.

Wandy always talked about murdering his opponents and have you forgotten all the times he tried to start a fight at weigh ins or after a fight (like with Rampage)

Tito and Shamrock? Seriously? They said some fucked up shit just as bad as Conor. Plus all the fights outside of the Ring/Cage Shamrock tried to start

Ali never talked about his opponent being a nazi or about his balls on people's heads, but he did rent a bus and drive in front of Sonny Liston's house calling him a coward while screaming at him though a megaphone. He also turned black America against Joe Fraizer and called him a "uncle Tom", "the white mans champ", said Fraizer made blacks look bad because he was "Ignorant, Stupid, Ugly and smelly" and many many other thing MUCH worse then Conor has ever done.

Conor is pretty tame when you look at other fighters

Haha yeah the guy who is undefeated in the UFC is a faker. Lets be honest here regardless of if you think Aldo or Mcgregor will win can we at least agree both are fantastic fighters who are better than most on the planet at what they do.

conor fans already admitting the imminent defeat of the sheep. hmmmmm

Sonnen talked about how when he was a kid he was playing with the newest and most expensive toys while Anderson and the other Brazilian kids were playing in the dirt.

Wandy always talked about murdering his opponents and have you forgotten all the times he tried to start a fight at weigh ins or after a fight (like with Rampage)

Tito and Shamrock? Seriously? They said some fucked up shit just as bad as Conor. Plus all the fights outside of the Ring/Cage Shamrock tried to start

Ali never talked about his opponent being a nazi or about his balls on people's heads, but he did rent a bus and drive in front of Sonny Liston's house calling him a coward while screaming at him though a megaphone. He also turned black America against Joe Fraizer and called him a "uncle Tom", "the white mans champ", said Fraizer made blacks look bad because he was "Ignorant, Stupid, Ugly and smelly" and many many other thing MUCH worse then Conor has ever done.

Conor is pretty tame when you look at other fighters

Fair enough. And yea I remember the Tito/Ken feud fondly. Ken gave us the line, "I'll beat you into a living death."

People will see whatever they want to see TS, impressionable young idiots think its "cool" to act like an idiot like Connor did, and there is nothing you can say to show them how many idiots in the history of humanity have done the same thing to impress other impressionable young idiots, has happened, it happens everyday and will continue to happen because thats simply why the expression "young and stupid" exists

good job bro, agreed with 100%

Leben vs Silva
Starnes vs Quarry
Sanchez last 10 fights

tell me why i am crying?

if you want to make a loser leaves town bet here, i will take it. i got aldo.
but of course you won't. you are scurred just like conor.

enjoy the last months before conor gets EXPOSED

Crying because gotten to, nomnomnomnom.

"Done fear me.....fear the consequences"

That is all

lmao

I hate how people try to hate on Mcgregor saying he was scared. The truth is this was a strait up bad ass moment for both fighters. It showed both their personalities perfectly. I loved this exchange.

This, IMO, 100%

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back