Has a fighter ever been as humiliated as McGregor?

Moderately amusing, but somehow I don't think McGregor cared at all about Aldo's reaction. He doesn't strike me as having a fragile ego.

Actually the way Conor acts makes me think he has a fragile ego!

Whats even funnier is Connors girl thinks hes coming over for a post fight hug. ... incredulouscormier.gif

Forrest had a mental breakdown and ran out of the cage crying after the Silva fight if I remember correctly.

That pretty much wins the humiliation game.

aldo fought all the best n mcgregor fought all the fighters not ever talked about having a title shot n let's face it it'll be the best fight we've seen on paper lol

Disreguarding the Conor troll attempt.

Leben got so humiliated against Hall that he quit on the stool.

Forgot about Jimmo/Perosh. That might just be worse, especially with the way he laid there afterwards.

My point, however, was that he both was caught and caught someone else (Vinny). It's not an embarrassment. It is the nature of the sport. You dance with the devil when you enter the cage. There's no shame once you have the courage to do so.

The only thing embarrassing is when people who don't enter cages/rings tell those who do that they should be embarrassed. Not saying you can't think "I would be embarrassed if that happened to me" but instead when they say "Fighter X was embarrassed" or "should be embarrassed".

Yeah, I'm white-knighting.... but I have to be around fighters a lot and I get a bit puffed up about this stuff :icon_lol:

Forrest had a mental breakdown and ran out of the cage crying after the Silva fight if I remember correctly.

That pretty much wins the humiliation game.

Worse he did the same thing when Keith knocked him out.

Moderately amusing, but somehow I don't think McGregor cared at all about Aldo's reaction. He doesn't strike me as having a fragile ego.

Conor, seemed genuinely upset at the post fight presser that Aldo didn't come into the octagon and proceeded to tell all about his views on rituals & superstitions. Point one on mind games goes to Aldo, Dana forced Aldo to go to Boston Aldo forced Conor to come to him in the rich seats.

People will see whatever they want to see TS, impressionable young idiots think its "cool" to act like an idiot like Connor did, and there is nothing you can say to show them how many idiots in the history of humanity have done the same thing to impress other impressionable young idiots, has happened, it happens everyday and will continue to happen because thats simply why the expression "young and stupid" exists

456239816-chris-cariaso-speaks-during-the-ufc-178-post-gettyimages.jpg

People will see whatever they want to see TS, impressionable young idiots think its "cool" to act like an idiot like Connor did, and there is nothing you can say to show them how many idiots in the history of humanity have done the same thing to impress other impressionable young idiots, has happened, it happens everyday and will continue to happen because thats simply why the expression "young and stupid" exists

If you think Conor did that because he is young and stupid. You shouldn't throw stones.

I like conor well enough, but I thought he looked beta there and foolish.

I wonder what he's going to do when he realizes all the talk in the world won't stop Aldo from beating his ass. He seems to want to make an enemy out of everyone in the division. It can't possible play out well for him because even if he beats Aldo he has also pissed all over the likes of Mendes, Lamas, and Frankie. No way he is ever a long reigning champion unless he is the greatest of all time. Its the only way and that seems unlikely.

Is it just me, or is there a little girl there who looks like she wants to wreck some shit if only she wasn't being restrained.

I think she is McGregor's sister or niece, something like that.

Conor, seemed genuinely upset at the post fight presser that Aldo didn't come into the octagon and proceeded to tell all about his views on rituals & superstitions. Point one on mind games goes to Aldo, Dana forced Aldo to go to Boston Aldo forced Conor to come to him in the rich seats.

Maybe Aldo's biggest weapon against McGregor is to dismiss him. To act like the king who is being challenged by his jester. To ignore him. Aldo should just act like he doesn't exist and not acknowledge him in any way. Wonder if it would make McGregor pop a bleeder in his head.

I really don't have love for Connor... but I would think he's likely more angry because he know a standoff = more money.

But you're right about the mindgame... Aldo is one-up so far. McGregor is witty enough to think of a way to get under his skin though. He just can't rely on the old antics.... Aldo has seen things :icon_lol: a potato-eating dag-stealing mcflurry isn't going to scare him.

Back