Has a fight in The UFC made you really sad?

Silva breaking his leg
Bendo tapping to Pettis
Cain tapping to Werdum
Condit Diaz, not a bad fight but I pumped myself up for a blood bath and got a fine affair, bummed me out initially
Hunt Lesnar was a snoozefest

Every fight with lots of lay and pray or wall and stall. Almost all my friends, a lot who have done bjj, stopped watching because they said there were too many boring fights. Less viewers, less ppv buys, slower sport progression.

Shogun vs. Hendo II and Shogun vs. Sonnen;

the first I stood there staring at the wall thinking "why life has got to be so unfair?"; the second I couldn't have a boner after seeing the result and pretended to my girl that I was sleepy.

anytime Cat Zingano loses, she's had such a tough run in the last few years not just in the cage..... but personally as well. in both of her losses I just wanted to reach into my TV and give her a hug

I've never been so let down by a fight like I was Condit vs Diaz , I would have laid money that it was going to be the war to end all wars .
Just didn't play out that way

MacDonald/Lawler 2 made me pretty sad for Rory. He came so close to the belt, only to get badly hurt in the last round, and he was clearly in enormous pain.

Machida getting finished by Rockhold and Romero sucked.

Watching Anderson break his leg like that was a bummer even though I wanted him to lose.

HotAgreeableAmurratsnake.gif

Liddell / Evans, Cro Cop / Gonzaga 1, Nate Diaz / Josh Thomson, Carano / Cyborg, Zingano / Rousey.

Edit: All of Machida's stoppage losses.

Ronda vs Holly.

It made my penis cry.

Not gonna lie, this caught me off guard made me laugh pretty... hard. Rhyme time. It stays.

Last edited:
Fedor vs Bigfoot was depressing. How can this picture not make you sad?

StrikeforceFedorEmelianenkoEye.jpg

Shogun vs Jones was brutal. That was like watching a friend get beat to death for almost 15 minutes straight. Shogun had nothing.

jon-jones-shogun-soccer-kick-ufc-128.gif

image-35.gif

Just brutal.

When leben lost to koshceck I was hurt. Then rampage was cheated against forest. I couldn't even sleep that night

I just watched the fight with Felice vs Curran...and it made me pretty sad to see Curran crying after she lost while trying to put a smile on for the camera...not only is she beautiful but you can tell she really wanted that win....what ufc loss really gutted you?
quite often... watching the loser swallow the result can be sad....
watching Holly at the post presser the other night was sad
didn't see the fight
but when you have a lot invested
it's natural for a fighter to be sad...

I was sad for Serra after the 2nd GSP fight.

And for Rich Franklin when he woke up after the Cung Le KO. You could tell he knew it was all over.

Franklin/Le is a great call, I thought Le was outmatched in that one leading up to it but he sent Rich into a coma.

Condit/Woodley was another, just seeing Condit's knee go but him trying to fight through it was hard. Varner had a fight like that too where his ankle was busted (I think) but he was riding a couple of losses and tried his heart out to keep going.

Shogun/OSP made me sad too until I saw the skateboard .gif.

Last edited:
Franklin/Le is a great call, I thought Le was outmatched in that one leading up to it but he sent Rich into a coma.

Condit/Woodley was another, just seeing Condit's knee go but him trying to fight through it was hard. Varner had a fight like that too where his ankle was busted (I think) but he was riding a couple of losses and tried his heart out to keep going.

Shogun/Manuwa made me sad too until I saw the skateboard .gif.
I think you're talking about Shogun vs OSP

anytime Cat Zingano loses, she's had such a tough run in the last few years not just in the cage..... but personally as well. in both of her losses I just wanted to reach into my TV and give her a hug
I also would like to give her a hug. A nude hug.

Back