Relationship Has a chick that rejected you before, contacted you again after some time to try her chance?

My current ex, was a case of never the right time 10+ years ago, then it was... We were together for a little over 2 years. Too much had changed, and it didn't work out.

Yeah, start dating one of her friends and she'll get jealous real quick.

my wife and i had an unsucessful 1st date

months later she contacted me for help surfing
i helped, acted uninterested in her otherwise
she fell for me

What did you do, or what would you do, what would you think?
Ingot a few rjohn from my high school gf in boot camp. 20 years later I look more or less the same and she has put on 60 pounds. I fucked her absolutely senseless a few times then ghosted her.

Sure. Happened a fair bit. If you don't get all pissy and burn bridges when you are rejected, it's not unusual to have a lady circle back. Timing plays a role in this kind of thing.

What did you do, or what would you do, what would you think?

not quite rejected but just got weird when I tried to push for more. Each time they seemed to try to make excuses for it, as if to invite me to try again. I never did. Don't understand it but I really think a lot of it is our leaving young folk to fend for themselves without any real norms or morays to the game. Other countries have rituals, we have none. And today with me too, it's really tough for young men to figure out what's going on. I'm glad I'm past that myself, I woulda loved having kids but all the drama I can do without, i look at the couples i know and just figure i got off easy.

I'm a bit old (42) so back in the day being rejected was not a big deal since you had to approach the girl on the spot 99% of the time (club, street, party or whatever). Just the way things work. You just move on. If we're talking about a girl that's in your social circle that rejects you, never give her a second chance. You can have some sweet moments with her when she changes her mind, but nothing more than that. The reason: it's her vanity 99% of the time, she doesn't suddenly start to like you, she just wants to see if you'd still fall for her. The best thing is to move on to someone who really likes you from the get-go.
good advice. it's similar to a chick that cheats on you, then promises it will never happen again. you have to move on, no matter how hot she might be lol. allowing anything like that to take place immediately gives her total power if the relationship were to form again.
Wise words.

Yes. Simply ignored her. Never even replied to her messages. Not gonna lie, it felt great.
me too, not because i was spiteful, just had other things on my mind. Never "felt great" about it, just confused. It's crazy for someone to come back 6mos, 5 years, 10-20 years later and try to restart things. I don't get it.

the biggest head scratcher is how some of these women stayed single, maybe they fucked around too much and just got old but i'm talking about fine women, beautiful and they'd all end up single. I think one finally had a kid at 42, but some of the others, i'll still see around town obviously single. It's sad and wasteful really.

Last edited:
Lots of times but sometimes they'd text me all buddy buddy like "heyyyyyy friend". I responded a couple of times out of curiousity but all they were looking for was a shoulder to cry on because their current bf is cheating on them or some dude pumped and dumped them. After those experiences, my standard response has been:

"who dis?"

A friend once suggested replying with "send nudes plz" but too much heat can come from that.

Yea, a girl from karate class kept looking at me over several weeks, very pleasant and chatty , would make a beeline to spar with me.

I asked her out for dinner , she got all flustered and said no.

A couple of months later she came back and said that she would like to have dinner with me. I said , sorry , I'm dating someone. Wasn't.

Felt good.

They do it all of the time. I'm convinced I'm ugly AF because women always reject me lol. However, when I put my social skill on display in their vicinity, they always break and want to give it up. It's like kryptonite against their too-good-for-you attitude.

me too, not because i was spiteful, just had other things on my mind. Never "felt great" about it, just confused. It's crazy for someone to come back 6mos, 5 years, 10-20 years later and try to restart things. I don't get it.

the biggest head scratcher is how some of these women stayed single, maybe they fucked around too much and just got old but i'm talking about fine women, beautiful and they'd all end up single. I think one finally had a kid at 42, but some of the others, i'll still see around town obviously single. It's sad and wasteful really.

Too much choice for some is a very bad thing.

I'm a bit old (42) so back in the day being rejected was not a big deal since you had to approach the girl on the spot 99% of the time (club, street, party or whatever). Just the way things work. You just move on. If we're talking about a girl that's in your social circle that rejects you, never give her a second chance. You can have some sweet moments with her when she changes her mind, but nothing more than that. The reason: it's her vanity 99% of the time, she doesn't suddenly start to like you, she just wants to see if you'd still fall for her. The best thing is to move on to someone who really likes you from the get-go.
This for sure. If she's not in your circle then don't let your ego take you away from the opportunity to fuck lol. Just never put in more time than what makes YOU comfortable

yeah, it was a mistake on my part.

it taught me something though... if you can maintain a low emotional investment in the relationship she'll eventually leave and come back for periods of time and it's possible to build up a rotation of chicks like that.

Back